"My Home Town" Upper Hutt by salisbury3933

Upper Hutt Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 57 photos

Upper Hutt

Upper Hutt can't really be described as a tourist destination, but it's the place I grew up in and where have lived on and off. I returned to NZ in June 2012, and have just bought a house here, so expect to be here for some time.

It's more of a bed town for people working in Wellington, but there's plenty of nature to enjoy.

Here's a view of central UH from nearby hills, not a high rise in sight!

Upper Hutt has an abundance of parks and nature. It's good to get up into the hills to have a bit of a walk, or to just chill out in the park with a picnic.

Bad Press

Sometimes it does get a bit of bad press in NZ, for having Bogans, but I've always felt that this was a bit of an exaggeration.

Anyway, here's an photo unrelated to Bogans.

• Intro Updated Sep 4, 2007

• CDM7's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2014 at 2:28 AM

My cousin lived in Lower Hut for many years but moved to Wanganui several years ago.Managed a visit to his home when we visited your amazing country last February.

• salisbury3933's Profile Photo
      Jan 12, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Interesting. I quite like Wanganui actually, quite a laid back provincial city.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM

great to see your pics of Newzealand, a country that is still missing on my map !

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2006 at 11:03 PM

Today is the day for the buns!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2006 at 7:40 AM

It's been years since I have been to Upper Hutt. Would have been great to see some pics. (Oh lovely new stuff and pics, ta)

salisbury3933

“Travel, good food and good beer. Nothing better.”

Badges & Stats in Upper Hutt

Have you been to Upper Hutt?

Latest Activity in Upper Hutt