"The story of my travels so far" salisbury3933's Profile
Looking at my pages, you'll see that most of my tips relate to Japan and Russia. This is no coincidence, as I taught in Japan for 4 years, and I graduated from university in NZ with a major in Russian and Slavonic Studies.
In first two stints in Japan, I travelled extensively, and I have also done three trips to Russia.
I moved back to Japan in June 2007, living in Tokyo, and moved back to New Zealand in June 2012.
I'm originally from Upper Hutt, near NZ's capital of Wellington
Our first child, Conor was born on April 10th, 2010, and this may slow down our travel. Then again, it may not.
The big news for us recently is that we have bought a house.
My Upper Hutt Page
My Wellington Page
I did two stints of teaching in Japan, the first one for one year, and the second one for three, and travelled a lot within the country.
I lived in Ehime the whole time, which is why I have a lot of tips for that area. I returned to Japan in 2007, this time to work in Tokyo, so in recent times I have posted a lot more Kanto region tips. In recent times I have also visited places such as Okinawa and Niigata
My Japan Page
My Tokyo Page
My Ehime Page
My Matsuyama Page
My Uwajima Page
My Imabari Page
I've made three trips to that country, the first one being for five weeks in 2001, and the second being for four weeks in 2004. I just recently visited both Vladivostok for a second time and now Ussuriysk
The first time I spent most of my time in Moscow and St Petersburg, with trips to Novgorod, Staraya Russa, Pskov, Pushkinskie Gory and Vyborg included.
The second trip was from St Petersburg to Vladivostok and then back to Japan. The Trans-Siberian was a great experience to be recommended to anyone.
My Russia Page
My St Petersburg Page
My Vladivostok Page
My Irkutsk Page
I'm a particular fan of rail travel, having travelled extensively by train in Japan, Russia and NZ (what few long distance train services there are now). Next up, I would like to do the Sydney-Perth and Adelaide-Darwin train trips.
Tranz Alpine Snaps
I've visited South Korea eight times now, and I've always enjoyed the contrast with Japan, and the good food and sites. I have also visited Singapore, Taiwan, and most recently visited Shanghai. I was hoping to do a few more short city breaks within Asia while I was still in Tokyo but that did not work out. Mind you, I am due to be back in Japan for a visit in March 2013, so let's see how we go
My South Korea Page
My Seoul Page
My Busan Page
My Taipei Page
My Singapore Page
My Shanghai Page
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 874 Reviews
- 1,199 Photos
- 19 Countries
- 150 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
- Posted in Travel Fukuoka Forum "Re: Fukuoka to Tokyo"
- Commented on one of taigaa001's Shizuoka tips
- salisbury3933 and udtaparindaa are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Golfing Options in Upper Hutt in Upper Hutt Sports & Outdoors
- updated a Hikone Travel Page "Hikone Castle in Cherry Blossom Season"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cannon Point Walkway"
updated their Profile Page "The story of my travels so far"
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 80 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 54 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsuyama Intro, 44 reviews, 48 photos
- Upper Hutt Intro, 30 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wellington Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vladivostok Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 22 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rarotonga Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taipei Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouméa Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos