"Inveraray,Argyll,Scotland" Top 5 Page for this destination Inveraray by davlaurjen
Inveraray Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 134 photos
One hour from Glasgow,the Loch Fyne Hotel overlooks the loch of the same name and is at the edge of Inveraray town.Reasonably priced and with good food,bar,swimming pool,steam room,jacuzzi and sauna,this is an ideal base to explore the Western Highlands.
The actual Victorian prison has been re-furbished and uses dummies and audio-visual media to give visitors the experience of what it felt like 200 years ago.The Courthouse is particularly well re-created,using recorded extracts from actual cases.
Oban is an hour's drive from Inveraray .You can catch ferries here for the islands of Mull,Iona etc
Hotels,restaurants,shops are excellent.
- Pros:Compact and very scenic , unspoiled
- Cons:few shops
- In a nutshell:Highland Idyll
5 days,4 nights,breakfast and dinner ?99 per person. Food excellent.Swimming Pool,sauna,jacuzzi.steam room.Free to... more travel advice
davlaurjen's Related Pages
Inveraray Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Inveraray - a magical place"
- "Inveraray, Scotland A Must See!!!"
- "Inveraray, Loch Fyne"
- "OLD JAIL AND CASTLE ON THE LOCH"
- "A short, far too short trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Inveraray
- Hotels in Inveraray
- Transportation in Inveraray
- Nightlife in Inveraray
- Restaurants in Inveraray
- Shopping in Inveraray
- Warnings and Dangers in Inveraray
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Inveraray
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Inveraray?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Inveraray
Photos in InveraraySee All Photos (5)
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inveraray Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Poland Intro, 3 photos
- Fort William 1 review
No friends yet.