"Steele Bethlehem after all these years...?!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bethlehem by steedappeal
Bethlehem Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 86 photos
I needed to escape NYC for a quick day trip and chose Bethlehem. It is situated in the Lehigh Valley which is only 2 hours from Manhattan.
After passing beautiful, vividly green scenery via Interstate 78 I finally arrived in Bethlehem. Overall, it is a hit or miss kind of place. On one side of the river (known as "South Side") is a run-down area near gothically attractive Lafayette College. The ever-present, hulking ruins of the former Bethlehem Steel factories lurks in the background at all times.
Across the Lehigh river is a small Historic district which has the Main Street, Moravian College and some charming stores, restaurants, tea rooms as well as the restored 'Bethelhem Hotel'.
- Pros:Convenient day trip, historical bits n' pieces
- Cons:Depressing city atmosphere, unsafe feeling if not reality
- In a nutshell:A city in search of a better future for itself
I took Trans Bridge lines from the Port Authority in Manhattan to and from Bethlehem. The service and drving was... more travel advice
It is recommended by locals not to walk around alone at night, especially across the bridges and around the South Side... more travel advice
steedappeal's Related Pages
Bethlehem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bethlehem - The Christmas City"
- "Historic Old Bethlehem"
- "Steele Bethlehem after all these years...?!"
- "billus's new Bethlehem Page"
- "bebop88's new Bethlehem Page"
- "Marc's Bethlehem Page"
- "Bethlehem, Pennsylvania"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bethlehem
- Hotels in Bethlehem
- Transportation in Bethlehem
- Nightlife in Bethlehem
- Restaurants in Bethlehem
- Shopping in Bethlehem
- Warnings and Dangers in Bethlehem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bethlehem
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bethlehem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bethlehem
Top 10 Pages
- Curaçao Intro, 30 reviews, 59 photos
- Brussels Intro, 25 reviews, 16 photos
- Gent Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Prague Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Columbus Intro, 33 reviews
- Leuven Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Berlin Intro, 23 reviews
- Eugene Intro, 20 reviews
- Portland Intro, 18 reviews