"A real city with both charm and vitality" Gent by steedappeal
Gent Travel Guide: 1,475 reviews and 3,846 photos
I traveled for the first time to Gent. It has a very different vibe than Antwerp- less cutting edge but still with all the comforts and amenities of a significant city. Not simply a museum piece like Bruges, either.
A great walking town, too.
- Pros:Easy to get to, lovely to visit
- Cons:Unappealing beyond the central historic core
- In a nutshell:Don't forget to visit Gent!
The S.M.A.K. is a bit of a contemporary arts ramble. Some interesting, arty bits but, overall, a little random. Reminds... more travel advice
The cuberdon battle goes "Nose to Nose" in the heart of Gent! These purple, conned shaped candies (called the Neus of... more travel advice
steedappeal's Related Pages
Gent Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ghent - my hometown"
- "July 21 in Ghent: exotic!"
- "Gent ? Flemish city of three towers"
- "Simply Put: A Fabulous City"
- "Gent - Go There - Drink Beer"
- "A love affair begins...."
- "Ghent: The rebellious city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gent
- Hotels in Gent
- Transportation in Gent
- Nightlife in Gent
- Restaurants in Gent
- Shopping in Gent
- Warnings and Dangers in Gent
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gent
- 19 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Gent?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gent
Top 10 Pages
- Curaçao Intro, 30 reviews, 59 photos
- Prague Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos
- Brussels Intro, 25 reviews, 16 photos
- Gent Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Timisoara Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Columbus Intro, 33 reviews
- Leuven Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos
- Brno Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos