"Livin' in the High Desert" Gallup by histrionia62
Gallup Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 138 photos
I lived in Gallup on a work assignment for six months. The main attractions are the hiking and biking in the desert hills, Route 66, and the fact that Gallup is the "Indian Jewelry Capital of the World."
- Pros:Easy to get to, diverse Native culture, mutton sandwiches
- Cons:Cold in winter, poverty
- In a nutshell:a gigantic trading post
Second only to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival, this is a big event in Gallup. You are likely to get a free ride if you... more travel advice
histrionia62's Related Pages
Gallup Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GALLUP - LAND OF THE NAVAJO"
- "My Adventures in Gallup and "Indian Country""
- "Basaic Gallup Page"
- "Vast World of Native Culture & Natural Beauty"
- "Navajo Shopping on Route 66"
- "Livin' in the High Desert"
- "Gallup, New Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gallup
- Hotels in Gallup
- Nightlife in Gallup
- Restaurants in Gallup
- Shopping in Gallup
- Warnings and Dangers in Gallup
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gallup
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Gallup?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gallup
Photos in GallupSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 1 review, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Mesa Verde National Park Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Olympia Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Arches National Park Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Arizona Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anacortes Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Juan Islands Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.