"Praia - The Capital of Cabo Verde" Praia by stigel
Praia Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 24 photos
Praia is the largest city in Cape Verde and also its capital with around 100000 inhabitants. It has a lot more "african" atmosphere than other Cape Verdean towns that remind you more of Portugal than Africa.
I spent two great years in Praia in 97-98 and really got to know and like the place. There is not a huge amount of sights but the climate is absolutely perfect and people are friendly!
The city makes a great base for excursions on the island, the nature is quite spectacular - the highest peak is 1394 meters.
The new airport that will allow jets will hopefully be connected to Lisbon non-stop making the trip a bit more hassle free.
Bad news AGAIN for Santiago Island! The new airport which will allow for direct flights to Lisbon among others,... more travel advice
If there is anything worth celebrating most Cape Verdeans will organize huge parties - at the beach of course! Don't... more travel advice
stigel's Related Pages
Praia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Praia - The Capital of Cabo Verde"
- "Cape Verde Islands"
- "The Capital"
- "In Praia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Praia
- Hotels in Praia
- Transportation in Praia
- Nightlife in Praia
- Restaurants in Praia
- Shopping in Praia
- Warnings and Dangers in Praia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Praia
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Praia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Praia
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Praia Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Cape Verde Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- New Caledonia Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Australia Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Lithuania Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Riga Region 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Russia Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Sydney 1 review, 1 photo
- Uzhhorod 1 review, 1 photo