"The Spirit of Glastonbury" Glastonbury by psychocy
Glastonbury Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 434 photos
The small market town called Glastonbury may be the most mystical town in all Britain, with supposed connections to the Holy Grail, King Arthur, Merlin, Saint Patrick, and even Joseph of Arimethea. Even the geography is interesting as Glastonbury actually surrounds a former island in the Somerset Levels. If you believe the local lore this area was once known as the Isle of Avalon. Local sites of mythical proportions abound here - the Chalice Well where the Holy Grail may or may not lie, Glastonbury Abbey where King Arthur and his Queen may or may not be buried, and Glastonbury Tor where Merlin or other druids may or may not have practiced their religion are a few examples. The town is also home to music festivals, carnivals, various religious conferences, and many other events.
- Pros:A must-see for Arthurian fanatics and spiritual people, peaceful, mystical.
- Cons:Not much here for people uninterested in Arthurian or Pagan lore.
- In a nutshell:As close to the legendary King Arthur as you can get.
One of the oldest and most consistently visited holy wells in all Britain, the Chalice Well is believed by some to be... more travel advice
psychocy's Related Pages
Glastonbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GLASTONBURY - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!"
- "The Mystical Isle of Avalon"
- "Glastonbury - not just for hippies"
- "Glastonbury - Tranquility at it's finest!"
- "Glastonbury Festival"
- "England's mountains green"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glastonbury
- Hotels in Glastonbury
- Transportation in Glastonbury
- Nightlife in Glastonbury
- Restaurants in Glastonbury
- Shopping in Glastonbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Glastonbury
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glastonbury
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Glastonbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glastonbury
Photos in GlastonburySee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penzance Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Inverness Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos
- Sancreed Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mousehole Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laconia Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Glastonbury Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Altarnun Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Bath Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos