"Visit Inverness" Inverness by psychocy
Inverness Travel Guide: 340 reviews and 765 photos
The city of Inverness, a name meaning 'mouth of the river Ness', is also called the capitol of the Highlands. It is built along the banks of the River Ness, which flows from Loch Ness to the sea. The place was originally a small ancient settlement, but it is now the center of art and culture in this part of Scotland, with a comfortably spread population of 42,000. Inverness is also a mecca for bagpipe players and lovers of all persuasions, and we frequently would hear or see pipers in the oddest places. It's a beautiful locale, as you will see from my photos, and an affordable one as well.
Of all the places I have visited in the world, Inverness is one of my favorites. It is certainly my favorite true 'city'. The atmosphere is friendly and lively, there is plenty to see and do, plentiful accomodations, and lots of variety for shopping and eating. Don't hesitate to visit Inverness. It was an incredible experience and I know this - if I can I will return here again and again.
- Pros:Beautiful place with lots to do, see, eat, shop, etc.
- Cons:Not central to other cities and towns.
- In a nutshell:One of the must-see places in Britain!
This modern castle was built in 1835 and sits on a hill in the downtown area of Inverness, overlooking the river Ness.... more travel advice
This idyllic, scenic, and peaceful walk can be joined on the castle side of the river, downtown, and takes you over... more travel advice
psychocy's Related Pages
Inverness Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "With both feet on the ground in Inverness"
- "Inverness - Near Loch Ness"
- "Inverness Travel Tips - Loch Ness - Worth One Day"
- "Circumnavigating Scotland"
- "Visit Inverness"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Inverness
- Hotels in Inverness
- Transportation in Inverness
- Nightlife in Inverness
- Restaurants in Inverness
- Shopping in Inverness
- Warnings and Dangers in Inverness
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Inverness
- 10 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Inverness?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Inverness
Photos in InvernessSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penzance Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Inverness Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos
- Sancreed Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mousehole Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laconia Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Glastonbury Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Altarnun Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Bath Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos