"Now this is Vinex" Delfgauw by hat53
Delfgauw Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
This is were I live, Delfgauw. The new part of Delfgauw, also known as the Emerald. The old village used to have 600 houses and a lot of greenhouses. The greenhouses had to make place for 2400 new houses. This is the result: a modern and green quarter. Because it is new the trees aren't that big, so this picture will change in the next ten years.
I live in the round building in the middle. My maisonette is above the shops.
Delfgauw is in the west of the Netherlands. It is near Delft. For those that don’t know where Delft is: if you travel from Rotterdam to the Hague it is half way.
As most of the western part of the Netherlands we live below sea level. So to keep the land dry there are lots of canals to get rid of the water. The canals and pools are a part of the plan of our quarter as you can see.
A modern quarter deserves modern art. There is a lot of art in Delfgauw. This picture is a successful example, just like the neon on the sports Hal. A less successful work of art is a mosaic of a lizard in the water. You can't see it anymore because of the green water.
Just like all art, you can't twist about good taste. I like this needle. It is recognizable landmark that stands for the diversity of people that live in the Emerald.
hat53's Related Pages
Delfgauw Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Delfgauw
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Delfgauw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delfgauw
Photos in DelfgauwSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Delft Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Iceland Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Kauai Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Skaftafell Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- The Bahamas Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- San José Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.