"Reykjavík the tiny capital" Reykjavík by hat53
Reykjavík Travel Guide: 1,259 reviews and 4,140 photos
Reykjavík is the capital of Iceland and the busiest town of the country. Although it is the capital it is a quiet city. Not to much traffic. It feels like a bigger town in the country. The city is remarkable clean and the centre is compact so you can see all the main attractions on foot.
The houses are built in the famous Nordic style. Different colors and simple materials. This gives the city a very friendly face. Most of the house are build unconnected and have a big garden and lots of them even have an own garage. This makes Reykjavík a green city.
Reykjavík has a lot of churches. Most famous is the Hallgrim's church. From the top of the tower you have a nice view over the city. Another land mark is the harbor with its rusty ships. For the shop-a-holics there is the Laugavegur.
It is a bar where you also can have dinner. There are not many different courses on the menu so don't come back every... more travel advice
It is the landmark of Reykjavík. You can climb the tower to overlook the city or enjoy the sound of its bells. It is... more travel advice
hat53's Related Pages
Reykjavík Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Reykjavík - my home town."
- "REYKJAVIK, THE CAPITAL IN THE FAR NORTH"
- "Reykjavik's Peculiar Charm"
- "The Land of Fire and Ice"
- "Iceland - Over the Pole"
- "Reykjavik - Northern Gem"
- "A Quick Northern Jaunt"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reykjavík
- Hotels in Reykjavík
- Transportation in Reykjavík
- Nightlife in Reykjavík
- Restaurants in Reykjavík
- Shopping in Reykjavík
- Warnings and Dangers in Reykjavík
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reykjavík
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Reykjavík?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reykjavík
Top 10 Pages
- Delft Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Iceland Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Kauai Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Skaftafell Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- The Bahamas Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Petra Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.