"Lowestoft, a fishing town on the East Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Lowestoft by Mickyk
Lowestoft Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 78 photos
This is the place where we made our landfall when we crossed the North Sea from Holland.
It is a nice place on first sight, but when you scratch away some of the varnish (read, walk further than the harbour and the first set of houses) you see that there some poverty around here.
On the other hand, when you make a visit and stay around the beach area it is quete nice.
Nice bathrooms and an old era feel about it.
Can have a tea and a chat here if you are into sailing. A bit posh though.
Like you see on this picture there is always the good old Fish and Chips shop nearby.
- Pros:Good beach, if a bit cold water.
- Cons:Not very prosperous
- In a nutshell:Typical English seaside resort
Like most British seaside resorts / towns Lowestoft has a Pier where you can eat fish and chips, gamble your money away... more travel advice
Mickyk's Related Pages
Lowestoft Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lowestoft Seafront"
- "Lowestoft - Englands most Easterly Town"
- "Lowestoft, a fishing town on the East Coast"
- "Beachside resort - North Sea"
- "Beachland at the North Sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lowestoft
- Hotels in Lowestoft
- Restaurants in Lowestoft
- Warnings and Dangers in Lowestoft
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lowestoft
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lowestoft?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lowestoft
Top 5 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lowestoft Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Morocco Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Suffolk Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.