"Traveling freely" Kosovo Polje by HouseRiver
Kosovo Polje Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 17 photos
Traveling only under KFOR escort in
Italian military vehicles - After the Kosovo war 1998-1999 it is impossible for the monks and Serb visitors to the monastery to travel freely out of the monastery except under a KFOR military escort.
History is repeating - a Turkish escort ready to give protection to the
visitors of the Monastery beg. XX c. During the XIXc and in the beginning of XX c. the terror of the local Albanian clans was such that it was impossible to travell without armed escort
Great Serb Migration in front of Ottomans, 1690 - painting by P. Jovanovic 1895
``The Moving of the Serbs,'' portrays the Serbian Orthodox Patriarch Arsenije III Carnojevic, surrounded by soldiers, flocks of sheep and women with babies, leading some 36,000 families from his seat in Pec, Kosovo and Southern Serbia to what is now Vojvodina and further to Hungary in 1690, after Serbian revolts failed.
HouseRiver's Related Pages
Kosovo Polje Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Field of Blackbirds"
- "Kosovo & Metohija"
- "Safe and Secure"
- "Traveling freely"
- "Kosovo - strangest place in Europe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kosovo Polje
- Hotels in Kosovo Polje
- Transportation in Kosovo Polje
- Warnings and Dangers in Kosovo Polje
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kosovo Polje
- 0 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Kosovo Polje?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kosovo Polje
Photos in Kosovo PoljeSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Aghion Oros (Mount Athos) Intro, 22 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Apatin Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sarajevo Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Palm Springs Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Kosovo Polje Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 3 photos
- Skopje Intro, 3 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 3 photos