"Arizona and the Four Corners states" Arizona by Alagator
Arizona Travel Guide: 10,506 reviews and 28,566 photos
I recently returned from a 7-day, 1500 mile motorcycle tour of the Four Corners Area of Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico. I visited Acoma Pueblo, Canyon de Chelly, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest, Sodona, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, and Mesa Verde. For a photomagazine of this trip see http://www.worldisround.com/articles/298024/index.html
The Grand Canyon is one of the top 10 natural wonders of the world. It's more than a mile deep, and averages over 10 miles wide for over 200 miles of length. It's most beautiful in the early morning or late afternoon.
Mesa Verde contains the ruins of several ancestral puebloan dwellings. Spruce Tree house is the best perserved. The area was inhabited for several hundred years, when the occupants simply walked away around 1300 A.D. leaving many of their household items.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery, nature puts on a show
- Cons:hot and dry in the summer
Alagator's Related Pages
Arizona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful, Historic Arizona"
- "WALK IN BEAUTY"
- "Jumping Around Our Very Own State - ARIZONA!"
- "Arizona, breathtaking scenery"
- "Jumping Thelma and Louise in Arizona!!!"
- "Raising Arizona to New Heights"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arizona
- Hotels in Arizona
- Transportation in Arizona
- Nightlife in Arizona
- Restaurants in Arizona
- Shopping in Arizona
- Warnings and Dangers in Arizona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arizona
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Arizona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arizona
Top 10 Pages
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Belgium Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Norway Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Italy Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Egypt Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Bavaria Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Northern Ireland Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Pensacola Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos