"Watford, Hertfordshire" Top 5 Page for this destination Watford by Hicky559

Watford Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 98 photos

The Town

Watford is located 14 miles north of London City. Quite handy I suppose, but I don't go into the City much.
I'm not originally from here, so I'm not that passionate about it! I live here because I work here I suppose.

Anyway, it doesn't really have a major industry for which it is famous. A lot of people live here because it is so close to London and because it is on the major routes (M25 & M1).

It is a very popular place for weekly shoppers, mainly because of the Harlequin centre.
It is home to Watford Football Club, who are in the 1st Division, and not doing particularly well I have to say. (I am not a Watford supporter!)
It is also home to the Saracens Rugby Club. Both teams play at the famous Vicarage Road stadium.

It is also a VERY popular spot for the nightlife. We have numerous bars and clubs in the centre of town which attract thousands of people at the weekend.
The most popular club must be Destiny although Area always seems busy too.
There is the Colloseum which has regular shows performing. Quite good too, it beats jumping on the tube into London.

Cassiobury Park

My most visited spot in Watford is Cassiobury Park. Its smack in the middle of the town and is well worth a visit if you have kids or a dog to walk.
Its huge so it's never too crowded.
There is a paddling pool which is very welcoming in the summer, the kids love it! Also a playground.
There is a river running through the park, great for the pooch to chase the ducks! The Grand Union Canal also runs through.
There are tennis courts, football pitches and believe it or not, a minature steam train.
Events regularly take place in the park, like The Rainbow Festival, the fairground visits frequently and the annual firework display, many other events too.

Around about

Whippendell Woods is also a nice spot for dog walking, as is The Aquadome at Rickmansworth. Infact there are plenty places to get away from the hussel and bussel of the town.
I live a stone's throw away from the Grand Union Canal. This is great for biking to nearby towns and visiting a few pubs on the way!

Plenty of golf courses.

• Pros:Excellent access to London and major routes.
  • Cons:No mountains to climb!
  • In a nutshell:Don't just think 'Watford gap', we are 70 miles south of there. Visit you may be suprised!
  • Intro Updated Jan 5, 2004

• Mique's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2004 at 2:21 PM

Great that someone has a Watford page. I'll probably be in that area around mid-april so a few tips can always come in handy

• atif76's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2004 at 4:01 AM

hi, and wellcome on v,t and hope wishing 2004 happy new year,

Hicky559 Lives Here!

Hicky559

“Nobody has ever been everywhere”

Badges & Stats in Watford

Have you been to Watford?

Latest Activity in Watford