"Tiptoe Through Tiverton" Tiverton by gilabrand

Tiverton Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 49 photos

Unfortunately, I only overnighted in Tiverton and caught the bus to Boston the next morning.

At the moment, the only tip I can give you about Tiverton is to find out if it's hunting season before you go, and if it is, get yourself a fluorescent orange cap and vest. If you wander around near the marshes without those bits of apparel, you could be a dead duck...

October 2008: Tiverton Revisited

After a family celebration in NY, my husband and I spent 3 days in Tiverton with my brother and his wife, and got to see a bit more of the surroundings this time. After a day devoted to sailing, we went to Newport to see the mansions (the only one we actually went into was Marble House). We were going to do the cliff walk but it was too cold and rainy later in the afternoon. The next day we went to the Whaling Museum in New Bedford, which turned out to be more interesting than I anticipated. A couple of restaurants, a little shopping, some outings that took us to Portsmouth and Adamsville, a brief stop at Fort Adam, a peek into the windows of President Eisenhower 's summer house, a zip along Ocean Drive - and our time was pretty much up.

• Last visit to Tiverton: Oct 2008
  • Intro Updated May 5, 2009

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2007 at 7:32 AM

Tiverton is a beautiful community. I'm sorry you missed seeing more of it. Hope VTers will realilze there is more than duck hunting happening there.

• lionreb's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2007 at 10:44 AM

hunting season is in the fall and winter, although there is plenty of fishing in the summer. I think that fishing is a form of hunting. Cohauging seems to take place all year round. A cohaug is a kind of clam.

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2006 at 7:53 AM

Gila, Great picture of the duck. Have been housesitting in Boston and recently went to RI three times. I love it. It is only a little more than an hour from Boston. It is a much neglected--by travelers-- but beautiful state.

gilabrand

“You were born an original; don't die a copy.”

Badges & Stats in Tiverton

Have you been to Tiverton?

Latest Activity in Tiverton