"Glen Spey: Bridge over untroubled waters" Glen Spey by gilabrand
Glen Spey Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
Say "Glen Spey" and I immediately think of a little white bridge over a duck pond. A touch of Japan in the middle of a Jewish summer camp.
I spent July-August 1967 at Camp Ramah in Glen Spey, New York - a camp affiliated with the Jewish Theological Seminary and the Conservative movement. It was a pretty place, in a wooded area about 2 miles from the Delaware River.
Searching for Glen Spey on the Internet has turned up very little, apart from the sad chronicle of a camp that closed in 1971, sat empty for a few years, and finally burned down. On June 16, 1976, the Lumberland Fire Dept. was called to put out a fire that broke out in the kitchen-dining hall. To keep the vandals away, the rest of the place was deliberately burned down in 1982 - an event described by the Glen Spey firefighters as a "great training experience."
gilabrand's Related Pages
Glen Spey Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glen Spey
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Glen Spey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glen Spey
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 80 reviews, 169 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos, 8 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem District Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Flushing Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue