"Flushing As It Was" Top 5 Page for this destination Flushing by gilabrand
Flushing Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 67 photos
I weep for the weeping beeches of Flushing that are no more.
So many days of my childhood in Flushing were spent under an ancient weeping beech in the backyard of my friend Margaret, laughing and talking, swinging on the long swooping branches that unfurled to the ground, hiding us from the rest of the world. It was our secret place, and it's gone - chopped down to make way for what the world calls "progress"...
Flushing High School, which I went to for two years, is a grand Gothic-style building on Northern Boulevard and Union Street with an imposing tower and beasty gargoyles peering down at you from the doorways. Established in 1875, it is on record as the second oldest high school in New York City.
Funny, how you don't see that your school was actually a beautiful place until you're old and gray...
Moving to a new land is an adventure, but nostalgia for what you left behind seems to be part of human nature. Take... more travel advice
The Flushing Remonstrance was written on December 27, 1657 to New York Governor Peter Stuyvesant to protest his... more travel advice
gilabrand's Related Pages
Flushing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Flushing As It Was"
- "Flushing -the largest urban center in the Queens"
- "Welcome to Flushing"
- "Flushing, Queens part of New York City"
- "FLUSHING: Little Korea, U.S. Open, New York Mets"
- "Scotzman's new Flushing Page"
- "The Place where I grew down.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Flushing
- Hotels in Flushing
- Transportation in Flushing
- Restaurants in Flushing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Flushing
- 10 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 56 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Flushing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Flushing
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 80 reviews, 169 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos, 8 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem District Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Flushing Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue