London Hotel Tips by gilabrand
London Hotels: 409,995 reviews and 1,942 photos
The Marble Arch is not an intimate little mom & pop hotel. With 692 rooms, it is a big, bustling place with people coming and going from all over the world. The lobby, a glitsy Art Deco affair, is always teeming. Nevertheless, the service was good and the rooms were quite spacious. The linens and blankets were not luxurious - we are not great fans of scratchy wool - but everything was perfectly clean.
Unique Qualities: The location is excellent, across the street from Hyde Park, where all the double decker bus tours start. The underground is two steps away (the station is Marble Arch & Bond Street).
The hotel is right on the corner of Oxford Street where all the famous shops and department stores are located. We were there in January when the winter sales were on and the stores were packed with bargain hunters (I didn't think it was so cheap, but everyone else did - they were practically mauling one another to get at the merchandise).
The buffet breakfast was very rich and varied -more like dinner than breakfast, with all the sausages, potatoes, baked beans and other odd things eaten in England in the morning, but there was also plenty for vegetarians like us to choose from.
The hotel has a convenient room for storing your luggage so you can go out for some last minute shopping while waiting for your taxi to the airport.
Address: Bryanston Street Marble Arch, London, England W1H
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (7)
gilabrand's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 32 Forum posts
- 59 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (13)
Read real reviews about London Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 80 reviews, 169 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos, 8 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem District Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Flushing Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (33)
- Tower of London- 462 Reviews, 762 Photos
- Buckingham Palace.- 398 Reviews, 660 Photos
- British Museum- 295 Reviews, 529 Photos
- London Eye- 265 Reviews, 455 Photos
- Westminster Abbey- 259 Reviews, 447 Photos
- Houses of Parliament and Big Ben- 374 Reviews, 632 Photos
- Camden Town, Lock and Market.- 101 Reviews, 180 Photos
- Other Museums and Galleries- 265 Reviews, 584 Photos
- Portobello Road and Notting Hill- 89 Reviews, 132 Photos
- St Pauls Cathedral- 248 Reviews, 420 Photos
See All London Things to Do