London Hotel Tips by gilabrand
London Hotels: 518,281 reviews and 2,056 photos
The Marble Arch is not an intimate little mom & pop hotel. With 692 rooms, it is a big, bustling place with people coming and going from all over the world. The lobby, a glitsy Art Deco affair, is always teeming. Nevertheless, the service was good and the rooms were quite spacious. The linens and blankets were not luxurious - we are not great fans of scratchy wool - but everything was perfectly clean.
Unique Qualities: The location is excellent, across the street from Hyde Park, where all the double decker bus tours start. The underground is two steps away (the station is Marble Arch & Bond Street).
The hotel is right on the corner of Oxford Street where all the famous shops and department stores are located. We were there in January when the winter sales were on and the stores were packed with bargain hunters (I didn't think it was so cheap, but everyone else did - they were practically mauling one another to get at the merchandise).
The buffet breakfast was very rich and varied -more like dinner than breakfast, with all the sausages, potatoes, baked beans and other odd things eaten in England in the morning, but there was also plenty for vegetarians like us to choose from.
The hotel has a convenient room for storing your luggage so you can go out for some last minute shopping while waiting for your taxi to the airport.
Address: Bryanston Street Marble Arch, London, England W1H
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (7)
gilabrand's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 32 Forum posts
- 59 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (13)
Read real reviews about London Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 80 reviews, 169 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos, 8 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem District Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Flushing Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (34)
- Tower of London- 496 Reviews, 826 Photos
- London Eye- 349 Reviews, 562 Photos
- British Museum- 312 Reviews, 567 Photos
- St. Pauls Cathedral- 266 Reviews, 460 Photos
- Westminster Abbey- 268 Reviews, 460 Photos
- Houses of Parliament and Big Ben- 393 Reviews, 663 Photos
- Buckingham Palace- 418 Reviews, 679 Photos
- Piccadilly- 191 Reviews, 293 Photos
- Trafalgar Square- 294 Reviews, 516 Photos
- Madame Tussauds and Planetarium- 141 Reviews, 202 Photos
See All London Things to Do