"A Spray of Henna Blooms from Ein Gedi" `En Gedi by gilabrand
`En Gedi Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 328 photos
Fiery red flowers give this tree its name - Flame Tree (Madagascar Delonix Regia, if you want to get technical). Another name is "Flamboyant."
At Beit Sarah, the youth hostel at Ein Gedi, these trees add a striking splash of color against the backdrop of white cabins and pale rocky cliffs.
In the case of the Sdom apple, the old adage "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" does not apply.
On the contrary, the sap of this "apple" is poisonous and the beauty is all external. Cut a Sdom apple open and you will find that it is nothing but a hollow globe.
gilabrand's Related Pages
`En Gedi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ein Gedi: Oasis by the Dead Sea"
- "En Gedi"
- "An Oasis in the Desert"
- "Desert - Dead Sea"
- "sandravdp's Engedi Page"
- "Ein Gedi (Nahal David), and Nahal Arugot"
- See All...
- Things to Do in `En Gedi
- Hotels in `En Gedi
- Transportation in `En Gedi
- Nightlife in `En Gedi
- Restaurants in `En Gedi
- Shopping in `En Gedi
- Warnings and Dangers in `En Gedi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in `En Gedi
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to `En Gedi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in `En Gedi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 80 reviews, 169 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos, 8 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem District Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Flushing Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue