"Haifa: On the slopes of Mt. Carmel" Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa by gilabrand

Haifa Travel Guide: 269 reviews and 793 photos

A new way to get to the beach

Grab a bathing suit and a towel, step into one of these globes, and zip down the mountain to the Bat Galim promenade, with its bizarre array of beachfront houses that range from pre-state Israeli stucco and Brutalist exposed concrete to refurbished Arab mansions.

Hadar: Splendor that Was

A recent weekend at a hotel in a newly restored Bauhaus building in Haifa's Hadar neighborhood opened my eyes to a part of the city I had never seen before.

• Last visit to Haifa: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated Aug 8, 2011

Apr 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Oh, yes, Technion. We grew up under the shadow of it. The best - to Technion.

Apr 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Yes, tends to fall under the radar in the tourist department, indeed. Lived here more than 20 years, since my birth. Avi

Apr 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM

As a child people compared the beauty of Haifa to Naples [Napoli]. After being to Napoli - Haifa is nicer I think.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Was he detained by the British at Atlit?

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM

My dad was in a refugee camp at the foot of Mt. Carmel in 44-45. From Poland via Siberia and Kazakstan. This would be near Haifa, yes?

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2011 at 6:27 AM

Great page!

• IngaA's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2010 at 8:31 AM

My friend recommended me to visit Haifa. Now I see, she's right :)

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2010 at 4:08 PM

The Bahai detail is very interesting history today besides all the past it experienced. YOu have done a fine job of taking pictures and comments are very helpful.

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2010 at 4:58 AM

Haifa !!! i have never imagined this city is very beautiful.

• SEALIFE's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2010 at 2:43 AM

...Is the doll museum worth seeing? I've never been there...You had written on piggle44 home pagewith this sentences... What kind of museum has benn established here. Thanks Lady.

• NYTim's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2009 at 3:04 PM

if the finances go well I hope to return to Israel with my son in 2011. Maybe we can all get together for dinner.

gilabrand

“You were born an original; don't die a copy.”

Badges & Stats in Haifa