"Kiryat Anavim: In the Jerusalem Hills" Qiryat `Anavim by gilabrand
Qiryat `Anavim Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
I took a bus to Kiryat Anavim, literally Grapetown, and didn't see a single grape. I saw the first kibbutz established in the Judean Hills on land purchased in 1914 from an Arab resident of Abu Ghosh. I was supposed to find a guide waiting for me (and other brave adventurers like myself) at the bus stop. No one showed up. But have no fear: I found the first building constructed by the pioneers in 1920 - to house the Dutch cows not the people (see above photo) - and I found my own personal guide, Michik, an old-timer and editor of the kibbutz newspaper. Michik took me on a tour of the old pre-state cemetery, where some of the early pioneers are buried, along with soldiers killed in the War of Independence and Michik's own parents.
gilabrand's Related Pages
Qiryat `Anavim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My 3rd Kibbutz in Israel"
- "a nice kibbutz"
- "Kiryat Anavim: In the Jerusalem Hills"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Qiryat `Anavim
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Qiryat `Anavim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Qiryat `Anavim
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 80 reviews, 169 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 47 reviews, 98 photos, 8 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem District Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Flushing Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue