"Tierradentro" Tierradentro by jazzie129uk
Tierradentro Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 87 photos
Tierradentro is a series of tombs left by a pre-Incan civilisation. The tombs range between 2 and 6 metres below the surface and are spread over five sites in the valley.
You can still quite clearly see the carvings and paintings in the best preserved tombs, and the Colombian govt are obviously making efforts to preserve them for the future. They?re well worth a visit.
You can get there from Popayan direct or from San Augstin indirect. If coming from anywhere on the San Augstin-Garzon road, ask for La Plata. When you get there, you want a village called San Andreas.
You can either stay at some of the hostels next to the museum (which is on the road between San Andreas and La Plata) or you can stay in the village itself. I stayed in the village at the Los Lagos hostel, basically a very friendly family home which has a couple of rooms to let out. They provide good food too, but there´s no hot water.
- Pros:Great scenery and the tombs themselves are fascinating.
- Cons:Might be a bit secluded for some people. Takes a bit of effort to get to.
- In a nutshell:A nice diversion when heading through southern Colombia.
jazzie129uk's Related Pages
Tierradentro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Andres de Pisimbala and Tierradentro"
- "San Andres / Tierradentro"
- See All...
- Hotels in Tierradentro
- Transportation in Tierradentro
- Restaurants in Tierradentro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tierradentro
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Tierradentro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tierradentro
No friends yet.