"Very Inexpensive place to live" San José by sery

San José Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 54 photos

General Information

Costa Rica, San Jose. Quite an experience.

I stayed with some friends in a huge house on a mountain at the side of San Jose`. It was nestled down below so the views I got were fantastic.

I used to sit out on the verandah and try and pic out where the BIg television screen was downtown as I could see the colours changing. Night time was the easiest of course.

When looking down on San Jose`, the airport was over the hill to my right. I'm not sure of what the mountain was called on the other side, but it had an awesome restaurant at the top that looked right down on San Jose`.

The picture opposite reflects the views although the digital camera quality didn't come out too well for distances.

The Food

The food was just delicious!! Although I couldn't understand a lot fo what it was about, I was immensely pleased with what came out to me. Being relatively cheap I got to experience different sorts.

The exotic fruit was out of this world and although I had to ask my friend to translate what a lot of them were I proceeded to purchase heaps of it and ate lots. Loved the plantation bananas also ( I called them this but I know it's actually something else)

More about food

Take a look at this picture, this was actually a meal solely for me.
Well.....
I had to try everything didn't I. It was served on banana leaves, was cooked in a large open kitchen where we could see all the different cooks standing at their cooking stations, and cooked right in front of us.
The cafe was lovely in that it was quite a way downtown, was open and large and was extremely enjoyable to be in.

• Pros:Great exotic food, different culture, inexpensive
  • Cons:If you get car sick, look out for the winding roads
  • In a nutshell:A must to visit and experience
  • Last visit to San José: May 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 1, 2004

Comments

sery

“go with the flow”

Badges & Stats in San José

Have you been to San José?

Latest Activity in San José