"Olympia - My Hometown" Top 5 Page for this destination Olympia by olyrunner
Olympia Travel Guide: 110 reviews and 380 photos
Welcome to Olympia - I actually grew up here, moved away for college, and then came back as an adult. It's a great place to live if you don't mind the rain. And if you come at the right time of year (late summer, for example) it's a great place to visit as well. If you are a winter sports fan, we have ski and snowboarding areas a short drive away. If you like to hike, we are surrounded by the Olympic Mountains to the west and the Cascade Mountains to the east. Of course, Capitol Forest is a local hot spot for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking adventures.
You can enjoy snow and sun at the same time. We get more than our fair share of cold, wet, gray weather, but in the late summer we are rewarded with beautiful, mild weather and incredible views of the water and the mountains.
Olympia is the state capitol, located at the southern tip of Puget Sound. It's a funky town with a diverse group of inhabitants. If you get tired of the slower pace, Seattle is an hour to the north and Portland is 90 minutes to the south.
- Pros:Great coffee, close to Seattle, Portland and the mountains...
- Cons:Rain, rain and more rain....
- In a nutshell:If you can handle 9 months of rain, you'll be rewarded with an incredible summer.
Unless we are in the middle of an unexpected drought, you're going to want to bring rain gear. We get a lot of the wet... more travel advice
Whether you're enjoying the view from afar or making the drive and enjoying it first-hand, Mount Rainier is a beautiful... more travel advice
olyrunner's Related Pages
Olympia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Olympia - My Hometown"
- "Olympia, the Capital City of Washington State"
- "A Capitol Experience Indeed"
- "Tumwater Falls Park"
- "Olympia, Washington"
- "olympia, yeah, yeah, yeah"
- "Olympia has got to be the rainiest city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Olympia
- Hotels in Olympia
- Transportation in Olympia
- Nightlife in Olympia
- Restaurants in Olympia
- Shopping in Olympia
- Warnings and Dangers in Olympia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Olympia
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Olympia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Olympia
Photos in OlympiaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Liverpool Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympia Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windermere Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burlington Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Peoria Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Portland Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Lowell Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Tucson Intro, 3 photos
- South Bend Intro, 3 photos