Doetinchem Transportation Tips by Mariajoy
Doetinchem Transportation: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Festival goers bikes
We arrived at Doetinchem station after a longish and pleasant train journey from um... oh yeah... Brussels via Roosendaal (wish I'd kept notes!!) When we got there we had to look for the number 27 or 29 to the Huntenpop Festival...which was somewhere else.... and I still don't know where but it began with a G and had only four or so letters... Anyway when we arrived there we just followed the small band of festival-goers who seemed to have a bit more idea of what they were doing and where they were going than we did.
Alternatively... many of them arrived by bike. This is something you just would not see at a festival in the UK, but it seems like a really good idea.
Oh the bus was 4 Euro and we were given two tickets. I don't know why... it wasn't a return.... I don't understand this system... but I paid up.
This trip involved so many trains.... I have no idea where I took this one.... I just hopped off for a minute... we seemed to be waiting here a long time.... but I can't remember where it was... maybe Den Haag or Arnhem.... We did 865 kms of the Netherlands (and a bit of Belgium) and didn't see a single windmill. Think I could ask for my money back??
More Reviews (5)
Mariajoy's Related Pages
Doetinchem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HuntenPop Festival - Doetinchem"
- "will be here on sunday 26 sept2004"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Doetinchem
- Transportation in Doetinchem
- Restaurants in Doetinchem
- Shopping in Doetinchem
- Warnings and Dangers in Doetinchem
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sai Kung
- Pulau Beras Basah Hotels
- Kananaskis Lakes
- Bishan Park Hotels
- Semmering Hotels
- Vernon Hotels
- San Pellegrino Terme
Badges & Stats in Doetinchem
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Doetinchem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doetinchem
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 343 reviews, 900 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 83 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Sussex Intro, 53 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 57 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 47 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 31 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 24 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Magdeburg Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos