"HuntenPop Festival - Doetinchem" Doetinchem by Mariajoy
Doetinchem Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 11 photos
Last week Petra says to me "how about a trip to see Apoplexia in the Netherlands"? "ok" I said... not really interested but ..hey... festivals are always fun and a weekend trip with P is always good for the giggles ... so we set off on Friday night for Brussels by Eurostar from Waterloo.
This trip... let me tell you about this trip. We got to Bruxelles some time on Friday night and stayed at the Ibis hotel, just across the road from the Garde du midi - or zuid or centraal - god knows.. why are there so many? Surely a central station means its the central station?
Doesn't matter, we managed to leave by the wrong exit anyway.
In the hotel P breaks the news that it will take several changes of train, a bus trip and probably a long walk in the country to find this festival... oooookkkkkkaaaaayyy... I'm still up for it... I mean how big is the Netherlands anyway?? can't be THAT far can it?? Oh and she said if I call Apocaplytica "Alopecia" one more time I can get the next train home. These guys are Finnish... they are classically trained cellists... they are HUGE in Finland..they play heavy metal on their cellos and apparently are (loud booming voice from above)... ROCK GODS!!
Huntenpop festival website is:
There, now hopefully Pieter Jan will see I have done my homework!!!
we travelled all the way to this little out of the way town (village!) called Varsselder, in the middle of nowhere in the Netherlands (almost in Germany!!!)
This is Apocalyptica... if they are not Rock Gods in the rest of the world soon, they should be... and if they are appearing anywhere near you.... go and see them!!!! They are ..... well.... I can't say it here... let's just say... they are freakin' fantastic!!!!! And if I had to travel that distance to see them again.... I would...
- Cons:it was bloody hot in that tent!
- In a nutshell:R I P Grieg!!!
for including another fab photo of a gorgeous Finnish guy in leather!!! It's my page and I'll do what I want with it!!... more travel advice
This trip involved so many trains.... I have no idea where I took this one.... I just hopped off for a minute... we... more travel advice
Mariajoy's Related Pages
Doetinchem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HuntenPop Festival - Doetinchem"
- "will be here on sunday 26 sept2004"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Doetinchem
- Transportation in Doetinchem
- Restaurants in Doetinchem
- Shopping in Doetinchem
- Warnings and Dangers in Doetinchem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Doetinchem
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Doetinchem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doetinchem
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 343 reviews, 900 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 83 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Sussex Intro, 53 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 57 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 47 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 31 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 24 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna 32 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Magdeburg Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos