"Quedlinburg -UNESCO World Heritage Site Since 1994" Quedlinburg by Mariajoy
Quedlinburg Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 113 photos
I visited this quaintest of quaint German towns during my train travels of East Germany. With over 1,600 half timbered houses and a castle, this little town is the epitome of a German picture postcard - but strangely, I wasn't compelled to buy any while I was here.
This Medieval town is reputed to be the Oldest German town with the smallest house in Germany (though I didn't see it, they all looked pretty small!). The first German King, Duke Henry the Fowler was crowned here in 919AD It was made a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994.
For more fascinating info check this website:
- In a nutshell:A must see if you are in the area
The hospital was founded in 1433 by the Quedlinburger robe tailors "All misery to utility and pious" - seems to be their... more travel advice
There are dozens of little shops here in Quedlinburg and naturally, a week before Easter they are all seemed to be... more travel advice
Mariajoy's Related Pages
Quedlinburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where time stands still"
- "Quedlinburg -UNESCO World Heritage Site Since 1994"
- "Beautiful Quedlinburg"
- "Unesco world heritage"
- "My Quedlinburg"
- "LOVELY, QUAINT QUEDLINBURG - CRADLE of GERMANY!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quedlinburg
- Hotels in Quedlinburg
- Transportation in Quedlinburg
- Restaurants in Quedlinburg
- Shopping in Quedlinburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Quedlinburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quedlinburg
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Quedlinburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quedlinburg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 343 reviews, 900 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 83 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Sussex Intro, 53 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 57 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 47 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 31 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 24 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna 32 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Magdeburg Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos