Vienna Favorite Tips by Mariajoy
Vienna Favorites: 586 reviews and 665 photos
Favorite thing: These are very cute and have little messages on the side like:
"Ich fuehl mich so leer!" - I feel so empty!
How could anyone resist a little plea like that ?? go and buy ten postcards at least and fill up that little yellow box - oh and by the way - the slot is on the side of the box!
Favorite thing: As I spent most of Saturday visiting galleries I didn't get too much time for shopping - but at least if I go back again I know where to shop! On Sunday we were in Mariahilfe Strasse which seemed to be full of lovely boutiques and great places to shop, but of course nothing was open except for restaurants and internet cafes.
Favorite thing: Open 9am-5.30 Thurs-Mon
9am-9pm Weds. Disabled access.
Opened in 1889 to house Emporer Franz Stephans 1748 collection of bits and bobs - there are now more than 20 MILLION!!! exhibits! Maybe I should make this a *Must See for my next trip* - or maybe not ;-)
Lovely building though.
Favorite thing: Modern Art museum - never got to visit this place as time was limited and I really wanted to see the Egon Schiele exhibition at the neighbouring Leopold Museum.
8E for Adults and
2E for children
U-Bahn U2 - Museum Quarter or
U3 - Volkstheatre
Fondest memory: These green blocks in the central area, surrounded by the museums are used for sunbathing - and very comfy they are too!! When I stood on one I expected it to be concrete, but they are in fact hollow and probably quite light and easy to move around!
Favorite thing: The interior of the cathedral was beautiful, particularly these medieval stained glass windows. At the back are 5 other windows telling stories from the bible about saints, prophets and Jesus.
Fondest memory: I would love to come back at a quieter time of year and have a better look round without the crowds!
Favorite thing: Built in 1713-1725, this beautiful yellow-ochre coloured baroque building dominates the whole of the museum quarter area.
More Reviews (32)
Mariajoy's Related Pages
Vienna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My birthplace & the place where I feel at home !"
- "VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !"
- "VIENNA AND THE PASSION OF ART"
- "Vienna and its never-ending history"
- "Just More then Mozart, Strauss und Sacher torte"
- "Still a city of dreams"
- "Rainy day in Vienna 2006, sunny in 2013"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vienna
- Hotels in Vienna
- Transportation in Vienna
- Nightlife in Vienna
- Restaurants in Vienna
- Shopping in Vienna
- Warnings and Dangers in Vienna
- See All...
Explore the World
- Linlithgow Hotels
- Rethymno Hotels
- Beavertown Hotels
- Ventimiglia Hotels
- Puerto Madryn
Badges & Stats in Vienna
- 38 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 42 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vienna
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "It's been a while....."
- Commented on one of Trekki's Vienna travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fischer von Erlach Wing - Museum Quarter"
- updated a Vienna Travel Page "OH!! Vienna!"
- Wrote a Review Stiftskirche, Mariahilferstrasse about churches in Vienna Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 343 reviews, 900 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 83 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Sussex Intro, 53 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 57 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 47 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 31 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 24 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Magdeburg Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos
Latest Vienna hotel reviews
- Austria Classic Hotel Bleckmann
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013
- Suite Novotel Wien Messe
- 191 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Hotel Admiral
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2013
- Atel Congress
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Pension Madara
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 27, 2013
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 30, 2013
- Springer Schlossl Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 2, 2013
- Hotel Urania
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Strawberry Youth Hostel
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013
- Schweizer Pension
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- The Ring, Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel
- 289 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Hotel Am Brillantengrund
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013
- Pension Arian
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2013
- Hostel Ruthensteiner
- 219 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Hofburg- 231 Reviews, 503 Photos
- Stephansdom- 234 Reviews, 469 Photos
- Schonbrunn- 291 Reviews, 543 Photos
- Belvedere- 171 Reviews, 307 Photos
- Hundertwasser- 111 Reviews, 217 Photos
- Ringstrasse- 174 Reviews, 286 Photos
- Karlskirche - St Charles Church- 95 Reviews, 171 Photos
- Kunsthistorisches Museum - KHM- 55 Reviews, 133 Photos
- Oper - Staatsoper- 96 Reviews, 161 Photos
- Jewish Vienna- 30 Reviews, 66 Photos
See All Vienna Things to Do