"Eastbourne" Top 5 Page for this destination Eastbourne by Mariajoy

Eastbourne Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 207 photos

The Waterfront

A beautiful May Day in Eastbourne - where there was a "French Market" on the waterfront harbour - bought a couple of bunches of asparagus and a whole lot of french cheeses...mmm. The sun was shining and the boats were moored while their owners meandered through through the stalls or had lunch at the various restaurants.

Eating Out

And when you have strolled and bought your French produce - take a seat and wait to be served a huge latte by a hunky Italian waiter. Lunch for two (no starter, no wine and no dessert) came to over twenty quid.

Eastbourne Pier - 11.30pm on a warm June evening - it's almost tropical.

• Pros:This is as chic as the south coast of England gets!
  • Cons:Can't think of any today.
  • In a nutshell:Bring your wallet.
  • Last visit to Eastbourne: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 6, 2005

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Nice page!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I've been to Beachy Head (and Eastbourne?) when I was 18 or 19 and took a 2 weeks course in the Eurocentre in Forest Hill.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Ornamental cabbages? You must be joking, right? Thanks for not taking any photos of them! I have always liked the looks of those chalk cliffs, but I hope they don't all erode and fall into the sea.

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2007 at 11:09 AM

Beachy Head !! On a day like today ? No wonder you needed hot food !

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2007 at 10:46 AM

I am glad to see that they even have Shandy in the Counting House Pub. :-)

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2006 at 4:06 AM

Fantastic pages here Maria! Those cliffs look real scary! And awesome shots of the hang gliders. I think I'd just be watching too matey :o) One day we'll get up your way!! Hugs, Ann xx

• Aug 21, 2006 at 5:35 AM

The food here was terrible&costly.They vacuumed as we ate,I complained politely,but the owners went mad, shouting at us&as we left he even insulted the way I was dressed!An embarrassment to the beautiful East Sussex.

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2006 at 12:09 AM

The cliffs look amazing, and I would love to spend some time having tea in that lovely bookshop.

• USCgirlie's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2006 at 5:13 PM

great page Maria! I love the pictures!

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2005 at 8:17 PM

Warm pub, warm beer... I'll never get used to the British love of the latter :~p

Badges & Stats in Eastbourne

Have you been to Eastbourne?