"Gardens of Glass at Kew" Top 5 Page for this destination Kew Gardens by Mariajoy
Kew Gardens Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 345 photos
My Dad first brought me to Kew gardens years ago - entry for a child back then was 1p. Today things have changed a bit - Nowadays children go FREE!! It is a really lovely place to go for a day out and there's loads for children to do. It's a great place for a picnic too, take a blanket and a bottle of wine, some sandwiches and enjoy nature in the city :)
When I first came here it poured with rain - we spent hours in the Palm House and the Temperate House and I don't remember seeing anyone else there.
On the way home we saw an icecream van - I pleaded with my Dad to let me have one - but there were three of us kids - and the budget for a day out back then couldn't stretch to icecream as well. Funny the things we remember.
I went to Kew this time mostly because I wanted to see the most stunningly beautiful glass exhibition - the work of Dale Chihuly. There are over 25 installations in and around the gardens, in the glass houses and in the lake. Each one is breathtaking and intricately formed. The exhibition is on from 28th May 05 to 15th January 06. If you are in London, try to make a visit here.
Oh and disabled visitors are VERY well catered for here - almost every area is accessible by wheelchair.
For more information about Kew Gardens and what's on check out their website:
The artist Dale Chihuly permits and encourages photography of the artwork in this exhibition for educational and non-commercial use only.
I will put more photos of the exhibits in a travelogue.
- Pros:The work of Dale Chihuly
- Cons:Can't think of any - its wonderful!
- In a nutshell:If you are in London GO and see it !
in one of those convex tube station mirrors! more travel advice
Nice little shop selling all the things listed in the title. I didn't get distracted though - as I was on a mission to... more travel advice
Mariajoy's Related Pages
Kew Gardens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "You can't get much greener then KEW"
- "Kew Gardens on a daytrip from London"
- "Kew & Kew Gardens"
- "Gardens of Glass at Kew"
- "Royal Botanical Gardens in Kew"
- "The biggest botanical Garden in the World"
- "The Treetop Walkway-Kew Gardens."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kew Gardens
- Transportation in Kew Gardens
- Restaurants in Kew Gardens
- Shopping in Kew Gardens
- Warnings and Dangers in Kew Gardens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kew Gardens
- 11 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Kew Gardens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kew Gardens
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 343 reviews, 900 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 83 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Sussex Intro, 53 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 57 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 47 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 31 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 24 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna 32 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Magdeburg Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos