"Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...." Top 5 Page for this destination London by Mariajoy
London Travel Guide: 25,303 reviews and 56,997 photos
I was born in Hackney, in the east end of London but moved to Malta with my family a year or so later. I came back to London on various occasions as a child to visit family and eventually we settled in North London when I was a teenager. Later we moved to SE London from where I commuted to central London for work and where I eventually married and had my own children.
A brief word about this page......
I make no apologies for this page being so big.. how can it not be huge? With a population of over 7 million people and covering 620 square miles, it's the biggest capital city in Europe - of course it's gonna be BIG and will keep on growing!!
Even though I live on the south coast now I am just a train ride away and often in London for shopping, seeing friends, concerts, theatre, VT meetings etc etc! In fact just about any excuse will get me there! It really is a cosmopolitan and tolerant city, you can be whoever you want to be here.
Considering it's enormity and the vast ethnic mix living here, it really is a peaceful city too. Nothing and nobody would ever be able to put me off visiting this fabulous, vibrant city and I am lucky that I live so close. I am very proud to call myself a Londoner - and in fact a true Cockney.
An' you know what they said - well some of it was true!
London calling at the top of the dial
An' after all this, won't you give me a smile?
London Calling - The Clash
Quickmap - brilliant site showing the locations of London attractions, restaurants, shopping and hotel areas etc. Right click on your mouse to zoom in!
Transport for London for all the information you will need about tickets and timetables for buses, trains, tubes, DLR (Docklands Light Railway), and cabs
An invaluable resource for travellers looking for cheap accommodation in London can be found here London Budget Accommodation
For information about accessible travel across the city, phone Transport for London 020 7222 1234
Streetsensation.co.uk A great site to help you find shops and your way around the streets of central London
Londontown.com a really useful site for accommodation, attractions, theatres and events in the city!
All in London a guide to what's going on in different London boroughs.
View London to get info on all kinds of entertainment in the capital.
Greater London Authority(GLA)
City of London Excellent site giving info specifically about the Square Mile.
London Eating for restaurant recommendations and reviews and much more!
Gumtree.com "London's online community" for anyone hoping to stay a little longer in the city and looking for accommodation and jobs etc.
Untold London a website dedicated to the study of history of the different cultures within the capital.
Streetsensation has loads of info including the opening times and nearest tube stations for all the London Markets
The Greater London Industrial Archaeological Society website is a great resource for finding information about the industrial history of London.
This is an interesting website:
you'll find pictures here of the London that is away from the theatres, lights and tourist spots...
(the place where I was born is also amongst these photos of my home town)
And just for a laugh.... Goin' Underground Everything you never needed to know about the London Underground!
- Pros:It's all good (but I am biased!! :))
- Cons:Even the cons are good!
- In a nutshell:The greatest city in the world
Brockwell Park is situated in Camberwell - with lovely views over SE London and distant views of the Docklands area -... more travel advice
A new and interesting "boutique" style hotel on Camberwell Road SE London. Friendly helpful staff speaking lots of... more travel advice
- See All FanTAStic!
- See All Don't sit here - by order of the...
- See All Wheelchair users on London buses
- See All Elbow - Guy Garvey
- See All Lots Road Power Station
- See All Chelsea Football Club - Stamford Bridge
Mariajoy's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 343 Reviews
- 897 Photos
- 434 Forum posts
- 141 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 343 reviews, 900 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 83 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Sussex Intro, 53 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 57 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 47 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 31 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 24 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna 32 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Magdeburg Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos