"Sissinghurst" Sissinghurst by Mariajoy
Sissinghurst Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 101 photos
Sissinghurst Castle is the former home of the author, Vita Sackville-West who designed the magnificent gardens surrounding the Elizabethan mansion in Kent - the Garden of England. After she and her husband Harold Nicholson died, the buildings and garden were given to the National Trust. Please see the link for more details.
I visited here with friends on a warm but hazy day in April and, even though I had visited years before, was amazed by the sheer beauty of the various gardens, the bluebell woodland walk, the moat, the tower where she wrote, and the stunning views over Kent.
Part of the woodland walk also includes the two small lakes where you can see waterfowl and other pondlife. It's such a... more travel advice
I'm no expert but the Manor House must be one of the finest examples of Elizabethan architecture in SE England. Check... more travel advice
Mariajoy's Related Pages
Sissinghurst Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SISSINGHURST & THE CASTLE"
- "Romantic English Garden"
- "Castle Garden"
- "Stunning Sissinghurst"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sissinghurst
- Hotels in Sissinghurst
- Restaurants in Sissinghurst
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sissinghurst
- 9 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Sissinghurst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sissinghurst
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 343 reviews, 900 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 83 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Sussex Intro, 53 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 57 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 47 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 31 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 24 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Magdeburg Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos