"Stansted - an Airport in Essex" Top 5 Page for this destination Stansted by Mariajoy

Stansted Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 141 photos

After a disastrous failed first attempt to fly to Germany with RyanAir from this airport back in August, due to Al Quaida fckin things up for thousands of passengers, I had another opportunity to fly to Germany just after Christmas and this time had a lot more success.

Stansted is much smaller than the other London airports and it's very easy to find your way around. Check in was very quick, it's still the "One Piece of Handluggage" only policy so my small shoulder bag had to go inside my rucksack - thankfully it was still under 10kg. Oh and they provide transparent plastic bags for carrying liquids on board. Nothing over 100ml though or else it must go in to the hold luggage.

For all the practical information you could need about Stansted click the link.

It's got shops, cafes and all the usual airport facilities .. including lengthy queues through security... make sure you give yourself plenty of time for getting through them... budget airlines wait for no one, and when push comes to shove.. which it inevitably does with RyanAir or Easy Jet, it's first come first served. "No frills" also means "no courtesy."

• Pros:Cheap flights
  • Cons:All the travel thrills of catching a bus on a wet Monday morning
  • In a nutshell:It's just an airport - it serves its purpose
  • Last visit to Stansted: Jan 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 6, 2007

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2007 at 7:49 AM

its nice quiet airport I like.

• ginte's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2007 at 12:08 AM

Very well known airport for me. Too many hours there. And yes, flying with Ryanair is not the best experience, but it's cheap:)

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2007 at 10:43 PM

funny stories about staff of Ryanair :-) or not really funny? :-) And interesting style of the airport's ceiling

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2007 at 10:58 AM

Ryanair are not our favourite I must say. Yes they are cheap but also rude Their lack of proffesionalism has made us think twice about using them in 2007. VERY accurate write up.

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2007 at 5:16 AM

;-))

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2007 at 12:04 PM

Ha, ha, Ryan Air sounds like a nightmare, I am SO looking forward to my 1st flight with them ;-)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2007 at 7:03 AM

I've flown from Stanstead to Frankfurt-Hahn and had no problems. But your account is probably more like it and is simply hilarious!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2007 at 6:47 AM

Very interesting page .... unfortunatly I never flew with RyanAir ... but I really can't complain about all the other No-Frills Airlines I flew with, including: GermanWings, HLX, Wizzair, easyjet and VBird.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2007 at 2:52 AM

I still haven't flown from Stansted or used Ryanair...and your page makes me glad of that!

Badges & Stats in Stansted

Have you been to Stansted?