"Stansted - an Airport in Essex" Top 5 Page for this destination Stansted by Mariajoy
Stansted Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 141 photos
After a disastrous failed first attempt to fly to Germany with RyanAir from this airport back in August, due to Al Quaida fckin things up for thousands of passengers, I had another opportunity to fly to Germany just after Christmas and this time had a lot more success.
Stansted is much smaller than the other London airports and it's very easy to find your way around. Check in was very quick, it's still the "One Piece of Handluggage" only policy so my small shoulder bag had to go inside my rucksack - thankfully it was still under 10kg. Oh and they provide transparent plastic bags for carrying liquids on board. Nothing over 100ml though or else it must go in to the hold luggage.
For all the practical information you could need about Stansted click the link.
It's got shops, cafes and all the usual airport facilities .. including lengthy queues through security... make sure you give yourself plenty of time for getting through them... budget airlines wait for no one, and when push comes to shove.. which it inevitably does with RyanAir or Easy Jet, it's first come first served. "No frills" also means "no courtesy."
- Pros:Cheap flights
- Cons:All the travel thrills of catching a bus on a wet Monday morning
- In a nutshell:It's just an airport - it serves its purpose
There are no seat allocations on RyanAir - the call for Priority Boarding seemed to bring everyone, (who wasn't already... more travel advice
Mariajoy's Related Pages
Stansted Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guide to the Low-cost airline heaven"
- "Another Way Into the Country :-))"
- "One night in Stansted"
- "Stansted - Home of the No-Frills flight"
- "Stansted - an Airport in Essex"
- "Walking to Stansted airport."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stansted
- Hotels in Stansted
- Transportation in Stansted
- Nightlife in Stansted
- Restaurants in Stansted
- Shopping in Stansted
- Warnings and Dangers in Stansted
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stansted
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Stansted?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stansted
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "It's been a while....."
- Commented on one of alucas's Stansted travel pages
- Wrote a Review RyanAir - some nit-picking is required here! in Stansted Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "RyanAir - some nit-picking is required here!"
- updated a Stansted Travel Page "Stansted - an Airport in Essex"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 343 reviews, 900 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 83 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Sussex Intro, 53 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 57 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 47 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 31 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 24 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna 32 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Magdeburg Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos