"The Electric Picnic - Stradbally" Stradbally by Mariajoy
Stradbally Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 44 photos
With a line up of bands and musicians too good to miss, Petra and I decided that our summer hols woudn't be complete without a trip to the Emerald Isles to the last of the summer music festivals.
Carrying rucksacks way heavier than they should have been, we took a flight from Heathrow with Aer Lingus on Thursday and stayed in Dublin overnight, caught a train to Portlaoise the next day and set up our tents like happy little campers, just in time to catch the first of the gigs of the festival on Friday afternoon (and just before the first rain shower started too!)
A weekend of mud and craziness ensued - but I wouldn't have missed it for the world - and it seems nor would 120,000 other festival goers.
- Pros:The best line up I have ever seen
- Cons:festival loos are not for the faint hearted
- In a nutshell:More fun than you can possibly know what to do with!
Just a tiny glimpse of the real Ireland - taken through the fence surrounding the festival site! more travel advice
I meant to say... the different campsites are surrounded with strings of yellow, red and blue lightbulbs at night so you... more travel advice
Mariajoy's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Stradbally
- 11 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Stradbally?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stradbally
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "It's been a while....."
- Wrote a Review Looks a lot less crazy out there! in Stradbally Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Looks a lot less crazy out there!"
- updated a Stradbally Travel Page "The Electric Picnic - Stradbally"
- Commented on one of dmrtn's Stradbally travel pages
Photos in StradballySee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 343 reviews, 900 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 83 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Sussex Intro, 53 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 57 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 47 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 31 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 24 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna 32 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Magdeburg Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos