"Warnemuende" Top 5 Page for this destination Warnemünde by Mariajoy
Warnemünde Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 108 photos
The Baltic Spa, Warnemuende was once just a little fishing community a few kilometers from Rostock. It has been a popular Health resort since the 1800's when the number of residents totalled 750. By the early 1900's the small town would host up to 2,000 visitors who came to swim and enjoy the healthy seaside air and vast stretches of golden sand. Warnemuende is also the place where the famous beach basket chair was invented!!
Nowadays visitors can take cruises, hire boats, and windsurf, to name a few of the popular activities. A visitor strolling through the town today can still see some of the remaining, pretty little fisherman's cottages and get glimpse of how life must have been before the 1900s.
Since 1873, Warnemuende has been the main port for ferry services to Scandinavia
If, like me, you must take your holiday in January on the Baltic coast of Eastern Germany, make sure you have adequate... more travel advice
Built in 1898, the 37m high lighthouse can be seen by vessels out at sea up to 30km away! more travel advice
Mariajoy's Related Pages
Warnemünde Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Warnemuende by the Sea"
- "Warnemünde – Rostock’s Seaside Resort"
- "Sun of the beach re-visit"
- "Welcome to WARNEMÜNDE"
- "At the Bottom of Baltic Sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warnemünde
- Hotels in Warnemünde
- Transportation in Warnemünde
- Restaurants in Warnemünde
- Warnings and Dangers in Warnemünde
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warnemünde
- 13 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Warnemünde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warnemünde
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 343 reviews, 900 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 83 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Sussex Intro, 53 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 57 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 47 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 31 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 24 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna 32 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Magdeburg Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos