"Italy - Verona - Valeggio sul Mincio" Valeggio sul Mincio by Mariajoy

Valeggio sul Mincio Travel Guide: 573 reviews and 1,753 photos

Touchdown

I landed here on Friday 6th May, never having visited Italian soil in my life. I wanted to come to the big European VT meeting in Verona... and this was my very first glimpse of the land of Romeo and Juliet, Carravagio, Da Vinci, Raphael, Puccini, Pavarotti, Verdi... Bellini... The list of famous Italians could fill an entire book... so I will save my pages for the very real and VERY lively VTers.

Sooooo glad to be able to say *I was there*!! Grazi molto to organising team - Utttz, BarbaraForza and Pollon for all their tremendous hard work in getting this meeting together.... it was a mammoth task and they were the real stars!!! We all had a brilliant time and will take home unforgettable memories!!

Unfortunately my pages don't have sooo many pics of VT members as I was probably the least snap-happy person there at the meeting, but there are a few :))

I had a wonderful time and have so many sweet and sublime memories of this trip.

So many great characters....

I wish I could have chatted to more of you... but it was lovely to meet old friends...HORSCHECK (Holger), Barbaraforza!! (see you soon bella x), Gillian (Montana here we come :))), SueStone, Jessica-b, and Irisbe (Danni,)
It was great to meet new VT friends too!! Cachaseiro (Claus - the first person to greet me at the big Friday night dinner!) PaKettle who smoothed my journey - thank you!, Effeti (Francesco) and Laura (who found me at the airport!! Grazi molto x) Roggeveen (Walter), Pakistaniguy (Umer - what a giggle we had in the car!!!), Sjalen (Charlotta! At last!!!) Paoseo (Paula - my roomy - great late night chats!!!) and Mahieu (Els - so lovely to talk to you on our Sunday morning stroll round the park), Sandysmith, Matcrazy1 and Matcrazy0, BeachDog (Stace) and Carmela, and Bradbrown.... cheers again for the book!!

So many people and soo little time!!! It was great just to be there with you all.... thank you :)

• Pros:VT members
  • Cons:Tea - sorry Italy...
  • Last visit to Valeggio sul Mincio: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 10, 2006

• cmcard2's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Maria - I have been doing some research on Vaeggio, and noticed your pic of the botanical garden - you mention that it is one of the 5 best in the world. did you read that somewhere, or was it mentioned when you visited? mille grazie - Dan

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Outstanding travelogues. Looks as though the VT meeting was just super. Enjoyed your insights and descriptions as well as the fine photographs.

• rozehill's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2007 at 3:25 AM

What a great time you all had. That restaurant looks cute and the gardens look just magnificent!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2006 at 10:31 AM

Enjoyed looking through the travellogues!

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2006 at 2:23 PM

Looks a lovely place...great photo's Maria! Blu

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2006 at 9:52 PM

I'd like to attend another meeting like that. Ciao!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2006 at 5:23 AM

Looks a very beautiful place!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2006 at 5:43 PM

Haha, thanks a lot for refreshing my best memories... haha, indeed, no-one knew the way to Agriturismo Le Mistral :-)))

• curiosone's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2005 at 12:14 PM

ahah!! Italian tea...you are right!! Here coffee RULES! =) Ciaaoo!

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2005 at 12:15 PM

Hey, you were there too ! I heard so much from this great Euro-VT-meeting. What a pity I couldn't come.

Badges & Stats in Valeggio sul Mincio

Have you been to Valeggio sul Mincio?

Photos in Valeggio sul Mincio