"Bad Salzig - A little German Gem!" Bad Salzig by Mariajoy

Bad Salzig Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 22 photos

This lovely little town was our base for a week while we toured the Rhein. It was a delight, friendly people and gorgeous weather. What more could anyone ask?

• Pros:Great base for touring
  • In a nutshell:Quaint and Quiet
  • Last visit to Bad Salzig: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 6, 2005

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2012 at 2:14 AM

What a beautiful Kurhaus and Roses!

• Nov 7, 2010 at 3:03 AM

I went for my school holiday to Bad Salzig back in 1999. Its such a beautiful place, i wish i could've lived there. Shame its got all them hideous fag machines though. Otherwise its such a lovely place to visit.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2007 at 11:06 AM

I have never heard of this town before. I guess it's on the line along the Rhine and I always use ICE trains, so I miss out on the nice scenery along the Rhine.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2007 at 10:22 PM

Never heared about this tiny town, but... it looks cute :-) Ah, you don't need to pay for tap water in Germany, they are obliged to serve it for free ! morning smiles from here :-)

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2006 at 12:46 PM

Ciggie machines and 2 doctors surgeries, but how many cemeteries?

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2006 at 4:01 PM

Fabulous page with funny commentaries. I guess it's better to stay close to trains than planes. Cigarette machines? I've heard they are not allowed in EU as kids may easily use them.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2005 at 9:20 AM

GREAT ONE. The Biergarten looks great but yep, I noticed it in many places in Germany they charge for water, that’s why its better to drink beer ;-) What is it I need to pack?

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2005 at 9:54 PM

nice base for Rhein travelling

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2005 at 1:34 PM

auch ein schoenes Fleckchen..never mind the cigarette vending maschines..people will do or not do what ever they like!..see tap water, 1 Euro, you kidding me!!

• MrBill's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 11:53 PM

Miscellaneous: OOOOOHHHHH YESSSS! Maria, what were you doing in Bad Salzig? ; - ) Bill.

Badges & Stats in Bad Salzig

Have you been to Bad Salzig?

Latest Activity in Bad Salzig