"Bad Salzig - A little German Gem!" Bad Salzig by Mariajoy

Bad Salzig Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 22 photos

This lovely little town was our base for a week while we toured the Rhein. It was a delight, friendly people and gorgeous weather. What more could anyone ask?

• Pros:Great base for touring
  • In a nutshell:Quaint and Quiet
  • Last visit to Bad Salzig: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2012 at 2:14 AM

What a beautiful Kurhaus and Roses!

• Nov 7, 2010 at 3:03 AM

I went for my school holiday to Bad Salzig back in 1999. Its such a beautiful place, i wish i could've lived there. Shame its got all them hideous fag machines though. Otherwise its such a lovely place to visit.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2007 at 11:06 AM

I have never heard of this town before. I guess it's on the line along the Rhine and I always use ICE trains, so I miss out on the nice scenery along the Rhine.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2007 at 10:22 PM

Never heared about this tiny town, but... it looks cute :-) Ah, you don't need to pay for tap water in Germany, they are obliged to serve it for free ! morning smiles from here :-)

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2006 at 12:46 PM

Ciggie machines and 2 doctors surgeries, but how many cemeteries?

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2006 at 4:01 PM

Fabulous page with funny commentaries. I guess it's better to stay close to trains than planes. Cigarette machines? I've heard they are not allowed in EU as kids may easily use them.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2005 at 9:54 PM

nice base for Rhein travelling

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2005 at 1:34 PM

auch ein schoenes Fleckchen..never mind the cigarette vending maschines..people will do or not do what ever they like!..see tap water, 1 Euro, you kidding me!!

• MrBill's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 11:53 PM

Miscellaneous: OOOOOHHHHH YESSSS! Maria, what were you doing in Bad Salzig? ; - ) Bill.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2005 at 11:39 AM

Yes, those cigarette machines are really the plague here in Germany. They claim they want to keep the kids from smoking, and then put up vending machines at every corner, especially near schools and discos. Hypocrisy!

Badges & Stats in Bad Salzig

Have you been to Bad Salzig?

Latest Activity in Bad Salzig