"Cruising the Rhein to Boppard" Top 5 Page for this destination Boppard by Mariajoy

Boppard Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 58 photos

Koeln Dusseldorfer *The Lorelei* and her Captain

We took a looooong leisurely cruise from Koblenz to Boppard. It was fabulous sailing along the Rhein in warm sunshine, looking at the landmarks of the little villages, castles in the hills and vineyards along the way. I really can't remember having such a gorgeous boat trip before!

We arrived in Boppard in the evening sunshine, where we spent a short time wandering the little streets and sitting in a cafe drinking tea (the Italian waiter was extremely helpful and friendly too! :))

• Pros:Friendly people
  • Cons:VERY touristy!
  • In a nutshell:Just a little too quiet for my liking!
  • Last visit to Boppard: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 3, 2005

• wabIV's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Wonderful story about the statue. I'm sure many more will leave treats in her hand now. :-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Haha, guess what I did today :-)) The same cruise, but from Bingen to Boppard and back. And I also saw the cute statue and now I try to figure out what the sign said..... I'll phone the tourist office :-)))

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2007 at 2:49 PM

With such a cute name I couldn't resist a peek. Bop til you drop :))

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2007 at 11:08 AM

Tea drinking, now that sounds like a good idea - right now!

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2006 at 3:06 PM

Boppard is a lovely place, Germany is a beautiful country.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2006 at 1:30 PM

Boppard is a place I've been through on the train quite often, but I don't think I've ever stopped there. Our exchange visitors from Birmingham used to go there for German language classes.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2006 at 4:52 PM

What's happening in this photo? :-)

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2005 at 9:09 AM

Did you come across by accident here? In Germany, with German’s, You Do Not Come Across By Accident Anywhere LOL

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2005 at 11:43 AM

don't think that statue was there for my visit long long ago

• MrBill's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2005 at 12:05 AM

It is like the little villages along the Rhein and the Mosel were designed as tourist attractions. So pretty. Shame about the tourists mind you. Tschuess. Bill.

Badges & Stats in Boppard

Have you been to Boppard?

Latest Activity in Boppard