"In Bremen - briefly" Top 5 Page for this destination Bremen by Mariajoy
Bremen Travel Guide: 391 reviews and 1,016 photos
Bremen - and Bremerhaven - Situated in Northern Germany, these two cities together make the smallest federal state in Germany with a population of 661,000. Bremen stretches along the river Weser for 28km and is only 16km wide making access to the countryside easily possible.
I was there partly for work and partly for pleasure, it was a whirlwind visit and I will be returning for a longer look soon!
Of course one can't visit the city without having a look at the bronze Four Musicians statue from the Grimms fairytale Die Bremer Stadtmusikanten. But also (and much more interesting) is the Schnoorviertel, a delightful quarter of the city with tiny medieval houses, narrow winding streets and full of small cafes/restaurants, and boutique type shops.
The Rathaus (townhall) and the statue of Roland (Knight of Charlemagne) are designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
For more information about Bremen please check the website.
- In a nutshell:More than just Die Bremer Stadtmusikanten
This little wooden ape is a well known character, "Fipps the Ape", whose world travel tales were told in German comic... more travel advice
We wandered into this delightful little world of bears and bear ephemera, purely by accident and found ourselves totally... more travel advice
Mariajoy's Related Pages
Bremen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bremen - I feel this city"
- "Bremen - the city of the musicians"
- "Bremen - A World Heritage site"
- "In Bremen - briefly"
- "Stadt and Bundesland"
- "Bremen - more to see than the Town Musicians!"
- "Home of Krauser Becks"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bremen
- Hotels in Bremen
- Transportation in Bremen
- Nightlife in Bremen
- Restaurants in Bremen
- Shopping in Bremen
- Warnings and Dangers in Bremen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bremen
- 18 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Bremen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bremen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 343 reviews, 900 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 83 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Sussex Intro, 53 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 57 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 47 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 31 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 24 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Magdeburg Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos