"Oshogbo" Oshogbo by Legolas5
Oshogbo Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 8 photos
Oshogbo is the Capital of Osun State. It became the home of Susan Wenger, an Austrian artist who came to Oshogbo in 1950 and still lives there. She established a unique art group which creates in Oshogbo art related to the local religions, rituals and customs. The Oshogbo forest is part of these rituals and her work forms now an integrated part of it. The forest is now a Unesco site.
While visiting Oshogbo, pay a visit to Susan Wenger's house as well.
Forests in Nigeria are usually in-excessible, or inhabitated with lots of people. This one is protected, building, hunting or farming is prohibited.
Legolas5's Related Pages
Oshogbo Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oshogbo
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Oshogbo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oshogbo
Photos in OshogboSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Abuja Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Amboseli National Park Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Peru Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Schaffhausen Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Kiev Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uganda Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Minna Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Oshogbo Intro, 1 review, 8 photos