"Naches - A one stop town" Naches by JAFA-Rease

Naches Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 13 photos

"Hope you got gas in Yakima"

I'll have to buy a scanner before I can add pictures to this page.

Naches is a very small town. Don't blink or you'll miss it! There are only two reasons to stop in Naches. Because you live there, or to get a fire service map from the US Forest Service. If you like hiking, camping, fishing or hunting I highly recommend dropping a few dollars to pick up one of these maps.

From Naches you can either head up Chinook or White pass. Both of the mountain passes are absolutely beautiful. There are approximately 2,000 lakes in the area, many rivers and a lot of virgin wilderness to wander around in.

I favor Chinook Pass myself, as it ends with a beautiful view of Mount Rainier. I'll be building this page as a journey from Naches to the Chinook Pass summit.

In order, from east to west, I'll be building tips for...
- The Elk Feeding Station (actually on White Pass)
- Eagle Rock
- Squaw Rock
- A waterfall you can hike to (the name escapes me at the moment)
- Whistlin' Jack Lodge
- Bumping Lake
- Goose Prairie (If it still exists)
- Ravens Roost
- My favorite lake and camping spot about a 5 mile hike from Ravens Roost
- Lake Tipsoo
- Any other place that comes to mind as I go along and scan in my pictures...

Other subjects:
- RIVERBOARDING!!!!
- Tube the Naches river
- Rattlesnake hunting/skinning/selling (see dangers)

• Pros:It's easy to find your way around...
  • Cons:because there isn't much there.
  • In a nutshell:It's a great place to be from, and is the last town on the way to the Cascade Mountains on Highway 410.
  • Last visit to Naches: Dec 1997
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2004

• May 29, 2004 at 2:16 PM

haha love the "nightlife in naches" comment....from my experience, they love to guzzle beers in their beatup pickups and go snipe huntin'. surprised to see this page! i actually have been here a handful.

• shellybelly567's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2004 at 1:38 AM

Good ole Naches...what a great little page about a little known place.

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2004 at 7:56 AM

I guess the "Laredo" serves rattlesnake burgers too ;-) I see some VTers are ready for a visit here. Sandra will hunt and Sabs cook and eat LOL

• Feb 27, 2004 at 1:54 AM

Hmmm Nachos con Rattlesnake ;-) Is this any better? ;-)

• Mique's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2004 at 2:49 PM

Now i get the 'tubing' and the rattlesnake hunting.. I'll come along but i want the 'plastic' trousers for teh rattlesnake hunt. Remember i'm a newbie at that!

• dila's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2004 at 10:46 AM

great tip. althought the only rattlesnake i want to see will be behind glass or on a picture like this one

• Sharon's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2004 at 10:31 AM

What a beautiful place ! looks like a place to run away from the world to get some quiet :-)

JAFA-Rease

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams”

Badges & Stats in Naches