"Naches - A one stop town" Naches by JAFA-Rease
Naches Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 13 photos
I'll have to buy a scanner before I can add pictures to this page.
Naches is a very small town. Don't blink or you'll miss it! There are only two reasons to stop in Naches. Because you live there, or to get a fire service map from the US Forest Service. If you like hiking, camping, fishing or hunting I highly recommend dropping a few dollars to pick up one of these maps.
From Naches you can either head up Chinook or White pass. Both of the mountain passes are absolutely beautiful. There are approximately 2,000 lakes in the area, many rivers and a lot of virgin wilderness to wander around in.
I favor Chinook Pass myself, as it ends with a beautiful view of Mount Rainier. I'll be building this page as a journey from Naches to the Chinook Pass summit.
In order, from east to west, I'll be building tips for...
- The Elk Feeding Station (actually on White Pass)
- Eagle Rock
- Squaw Rock
- A waterfall you can hike to (the name escapes me at the moment)
- Whistlin' Jack Lodge
- Bumping Lake
- Goose Prairie (If it still exists)
- Ravens Roost
- My favorite lake and camping spot about a 5 mile hike from Ravens Roost
- Lake Tipsoo
- Any other place that comes to mind as I go along and scan in my pictures...
- Tube the Naches river
- Rattlesnake hunting/skinning/selling (see dangers)
- Pros:It's easy to find your way around...
- Cons:because there isn't much there.
- In a nutshell:It's a great place to be from, and is the last town on the way to the Cascade Mountains on Highway 410.
While spending time on Chinook pass think twice about buying you "dreamhouse". If you're looking for a summer home,... more travel advice
Yes, I know that I said this page was for Naches with the intent of introducing you to Chinook Pass. However, when you... more travel advice
JAFA-Rease's Related Pages
Naches Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Naches
- Hotels in Naches
- Nightlife in Naches
- Restaurants in Naches
- Shopping in Naches
- Warnings and Dangers in Naches
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Naches
- 8 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Naches?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naches
Photos in NachesSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Kirkuk Intro, 28 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spangdahlem Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Philippsheim Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Bendorf-Sayn Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- La Grande Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ellensburg Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Naches Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Turkey Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
FriendsSee All Friends (16)
Latest Naches hotel reviews
- Squaw Rock Resort
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 17, 2013