"It isn't famous for nothin' ; )" Los Angeles by JAFA-Rease

Los Angeles Travel Guide: 4,514 reviews and 9,287 photos

We all rolled out of Simi Valley in the morning and took the scenic route to the Mexican Border. It turned out to be a very busy and eventful day. First we headed to Los Angeles. On the way we passed by the Hollywood sign and other prominent/famous landmarks. We were actually headed towards our first stop of the day, Echo Park.

This is the point where I give my plug for Los Angeles and most places I visited in Southern California. I was extremely impressed with how clean they are. It was one of the first things I noticed. This is no small feat for a major metropolitan area. It was pristine. If you’ve ever been to Paris, France or a third world country such as Turkey, the first thing you may notice is how filthy it is. San Francisco didn’t even have bubble gum on the sidewalks. I did however see a few freshly fallen leaves ; )

• Pros:Not as many as there used to be
  • Cons:It's California - crowded and expensive
  • In a nutshell:Definitely worth the visit
  • Last visit to Los Angeles: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 22, 2005

• Jul 6, 2005 at 12:23 PM

"I had the fortune of arriving in Southern California on the day the weather broke for the year" That must have been June 6th? It was the day I had to start working there GRRRRRR.

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2005 at 8:34 AM

Bitburger in LA?? This is interesting. How did it get there? Anyway, it's a great start on your LA page, but please add more! :) Always great to read your pages

JAFA-Rease

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams”

Badges & Stats in Los Angeles

Have you been to Los Angeles?