"It isn't famous for nothin' ; )" Los Angeles by JAFA-Rease
Los Angeles Travel Guide: 4,385 reviews and 8,826 photos
We all rolled out of Simi Valley in the morning and took the scenic route to the Mexican Border. It turned out to be a very busy and eventful day. First we headed to Los Angeles. On the way we passed by the Hollywood sign and other prominent/famous landmarks. We were actually headed towards our first stop of the day, Echo Park.
This is the point where I give my plug for Los Angeles and most places I visited in Southern California. I was extremely impressed with how clean they are. It was one of the first things I noticed. This is no small feat for a major metropolitan area. It was pristine. If you’ve ever been to Paris, France or a third world country such as Turkey, the first thing you may notice is how filthy it is. San Francisco didn’t even have bubble gum on the sidewalks. I did however see a few freshly fallen leaves ; )
- Pros:Not as many as there used to be
- Cons:It's California - crowded and expensive
- In a nutshell:Definitely worth the visit
Venice beach is known as the beach in LA with all the “crazies”. There were a number of them. It wasn’t high season for... more travel advice
One of our stops was Grand Central Market in downtown LA. The market has been around for many years. It’s situated... more travel advice
JAFA-Rease's Related Pages
Los Angeles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Getting at the Heart of L.A."
- ""El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles""
- "Coming to LA, see what all of SoCal has to offer!"
- "Los Angeles"
- "My Hometown: Los Angeles"
- "Gloss Angeles"
- "City of the Angels"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Los Angeles
- Hotels in Los Angeles
- Transportation in Los Angeles
- Nightlife in Los Angeles
- Restaurants in Los Angeles
- Shopping in Los Angeles
- Warnings and Dangers in Los Angeles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Los Angeles
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Los Angeles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Los Angeles
- Posted in Travel Seoul Forum "RE: RE: Not for the "faint" of..."
- Commented on one of sabsi's Los Angeles travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "It isn't famous for nothin' ; )"
- updated a Los Angeles Travel Page "It isn't famous for nothin' ; )"
- Wrote a Review A nice area with lotsa "distractions" about Venice Beach in Los Angeles Things to Do
Photos in Los AngelesSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Kirkuk Intro, 28 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spangdahlem Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Philippsheim Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Bendorf-Sayn Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- La Grande Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ellensburg Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Naches Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Turkey Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
Latest Los Angeles hotel reviews
- Motel 6 Los Angeles - Van Nuys/Sepulveda
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 25, 2013
- Paradise Inn And Suites
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 24, 2013
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills
- 355 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- The Standard
- 408 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Pacific Palms Conference Resort
- 130 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Hilgard House Hotel
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2013
- The Linnington Bed and Breakfast
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 16, 2013
- Chateau de Soleil
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2012
- Hollywood Inn Express North
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Lax
- 560 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Ramada Inn Commerce
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Wilshire Grand Hotel Los Angeles
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Alexandria Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 6, 2013
- Rodeway Inn Los Angeles
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Royal Palace Westwood Hotel
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013