"Philippsheim, Pfalzkyll (Palzkyll)" Philippsheim by JAFA-Rease
Philippsheim Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 16 photos
Philippsheim is a very small village located between Speicher and Dudeldorf, Germany. It has a train station and a restaurant/hotel. The hotel is frequently used as overflow for members coming to or leaving Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
I probably would never have built this page, but was recently sent on a "quest" of sorts to locate what used to be a VERY small village on the outskirts of Philippsheim called Pfalzkyll (sometimes spelled Palzkyll).
How to find Pfalzkyll: If you're facing the front of the Philippsheim train station you will see a bridge crossing the railroad tracks on your right. If you cross the bridge you will come to a "T" in the road. If you turn right you come to the "new" Pfalzkyll, which is sometimes refered to as Pfalzkyllerhoff after about 1/4 mile. If you take a left at the "T", go for approximately 1/4 mile and turn left onto a small tierbrucke (animal bridge) you will come to the old Pfalzkyll.
I only expected to find ruins of old Pfalzkyll. What I found instead is a very beautiful little "plantation" on a bend in the Kyll river.
The place is under newer ownership, and is being restored. I believe the owner intends to turn it into an exclusive hotel, but couldn't find anyone who knew for sure.
As you enter the compound/plantation there is a very small church on your right. It is either restored or built on the original grounds. I really couldn't be sure.
I'm limited to four pictures for this page. The tour continues in tips and travelogue...
- Pros:A typical small, and scenic German village.
- Cons:You won't be coming here for the nightlife ; )
- In a nutshell:A nice littlevillage off of the beaten path.
On the backside of the bakery you'll find the communal outhouses lined up in a row. There must have been quite a few... more travel advice
Inside the old Pfalzkyll compound we found a nearly fully restored bakery. Presumeably it is where all of the cooking... more travel advice
JAFA-Rease's Related Pages
Philippsheim Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Philippsheim
- 7 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Philippsheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Philippsheim
Photos in PhilippsheimSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Kirkuk Intro, 28 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spangdahlem Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Philippsheim Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Bendorf-Sayn Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- La Grande Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ellensburg Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Naches Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Turkey Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo