"Philippsheim, Pfalzkyll (Palzkyll)" Philippsheim by JAFA-Rease

Philippsheim Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 16 photos

Philippsheim is a very small village located between Speicher and Dudeldorf, Germany. It has a train station and a restaurant/hotel. The hotel is frequently used as overflow for members coming to or leaving Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany

I probably would never have built this page, but was recently sent on a "quest" of sorts to locate what used to be a VERY small village on the outskirts of Philippsheim called Pfalzkyll (sometimes spelled Palzkyll).

How to find Pfalzkyll: If you're facing the front of the Philippsheim train station you will see a bridge crossing the railroad tracks on your right. If you cross the bridge you will come to a "T" in the road. If you turn right you come to the "new" Pfalzkyll, which is sometimes refered to as Pfalzkyllerhoff after about 1/4 mile. If you take a left at the "T", go for approximately 1/4 mile and turn left onto a small tierbrucke (animal bridge) you will come to the old Pfalzkyll.

Entering old Pfalzkyll

I only expected to find ruins of old Pfalzkyll. What I found instead is a very beautiful little "plantation" on a bend in the Kyll river.

The place is under newer ownership, and is being restored. I believe the owner intends to turn it into an exclusive hotel, but couldn't find anyone who knew for sure.

The Church

As you enter the compound/plantation there is a very small church on your right. It is either restored or built on the original grounds. I really couldn't be sure.

I'm limited to four pictures for this page. The tour continues in tips and travelogue...

• Pros:A typical small, and scenic German village.
  • Cons:You won't be coming here for the nightlife ; )
  • In a nutshell:A nice littlevillage off of the beaten path.
  • Last visit to Philippsheim: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 18, 2004

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2004 at 12:13 AM

that countryside in your intro, I can smell the warm earth, sun on my back, lying in the gras....you done it, made me a bit ..homesick, danm!

• horsinround2's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2004 at 8:07 PM

Beautiful pictures! Looks like a fun place to explore.

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2004 at 7:55 AM

Looks like you guys had a great time there! Sunny day in Germany??? Unbelievable! ;-)

JAFA-Rease

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams”

Badges & Stats in Philippsheim

Have you been to Philippsheim?

Latest Activity in Philippsheim