Sudan Shopping Tips by uglyscot Top 5 Page for this destination
Sudan Shopping: 11 reviews and 7 photos
The best place to buy fruit and vegetables is from the vegetable market or roadside stalls or sellers. the produce will be fresh, delivered that day from the farms. In Sudan small farmers rarely use artificial or chemical fertilizers, so the food is tasty. i like to see the irregular shapes of the vegetables, which are more natural than the rows of cloned-like vegetables found in European supermarkets.
Often you are invited to select your own.
What to buy: Most vegetables are good, and the fruit is particularly delicious especially the mangoes.
The variety of vegetables and fruit varies according to the seasons, though nowadays imported fruit is becoming available.
What to pay: In season the produce can be dirt cheap, but out of season be prepared to pay a lot.
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (50)
- See All water
- See All Sabaloqa, The Sixth Cataract
- See All Henna
- See All Try to see folk lore groups
- See All Friendly and hospitable people
uglyscot's Related Pages
Sudan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salaam Sudan!"
- "Once Largest Country in Africa"
- "Welcome to Sudan"
- "Tamam - Sudan?"
- "Sudan, the country of contradictions"
- "Sudan the largest country in Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sudan
- Hotels in Sudan
- Transportation in Sudan
- Nightlife in Sudan
- Restaurants in Sudan
- Shopping in Sudan
- Warnings and Dangers in Sudan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sudan
- 262 Reviews
- 1,234 Photos
- 22 Forum posts
- 25 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Sudan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sudan
Videos in SudanSee All Videos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues