"pop along for a swim" Ajman Region by uglyscot

Ajman Region Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 63 photos

Ajman is just along the coast from Sharjah. I'd heard of it through my stamp album,as it used to have interesting stamps. As a place I found little but the beach and the Ajman Kempinski Hotel.
However I was too busy enjoying the pool while my daughter was having her session with the gym.
According to the guide it is a place to get away from the bustle of city life. The state has historical landmarks , still untouched by developers.
In 1971 Ajman joined the United Arab Emirates. It is the smallest of the seven emirates with an area of just 260 sq kms . It lies in the centre of the western coast of the UAE. Ajman also includes Masfut and Manama, two small enclaves inland in the Hajar mountains, rich in agriculture and farming.

Bargain hunters should visit the Ajman souk renowned for its architectural splendour.

• Last visit to Ajman Region: Dec 2000
  • Intro Updated Jun 14, 2007

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2009 at 11:39 PM

I've read your update! Thanks Shane for sharing! I was lucky to visit Ajman as well... It'll become a new Dubai in a few years I think.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2007 at 4:41 AM

Goodness, so much to do in one place, not that I could afford it most probably. I think you should be offered at least a week at the hotel free of charge for recommending them to the world.

uglyscot

“Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought”

Badges & Stats in Ajman Region

Have you been to Ajman Region?

Latest Activity in Ajman Region