"Larnaca" Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca by uglyscot
Larnaca Travel Guide: 267 reviews and 686 photos
Larnaca was once a port, but after the Turkish Invasion and the establishment of the airport as the main gateway to Cyprus, it has developed. Many people concentrate on the beaches and the Tourist Plaza where international cafes and restaurants can be found, as well as souvenir stalls.
But parallel to the promenade is the main shopping area and off it Old Larnaka where old buildings sit cheek by jowel ..
There is a fort, museum, the Large mosque, and Church of St Lazarus.
From Larnaca it is not far to go to the newly developed area of Prevolia, and even Nicosia is less than an hour away.
It was interesting to see that so many of the buildings use solar energy for heating the water. Sensible in a land with so much sun.
In fact the government encourages people to install this solar heating.
As you drive out of Larnaca you pass the artificial lakes, unfortunately saline. In June however most of the water has evaporated leaving a white sheet of shining salt.. See tips.
One evening we had a buffet for the conference participants in the Seabreeze restaurant at the Palm beach hotel. We were... more travel advice
The cafe is on the promenade. It has both inside and outside seating. Outside is shaded and there is interesting decor... more travel advice
uglyscot's Related Pages
Larnaca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a good base to explore a nice part of Cyprus"
- "I like Larnaca."
- "L A R N A C A"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Larnaca
- Hotels in Larnaca
- Transportation in Larnaca
- Nightlife in Larnaca
- Restaurants in Larnaca
- Shopping in Larnaca
- Warnings and Dangers in Larnaca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Larnaca
- 12 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Larnaca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Larnaca
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 68 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues