"home of the smokies - smoked haddock" Arbroath by uglyscot
Arbroath Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 24 photos
Abroath lies on the North Sea. It is about 16 miles ENE of Edinburgh and 45 SSW of Aberdeen. Arbroath is best known for its smoked haddock and kippers, or at least that's my opinion. It became an important port after the harbour was built in 1839. During the industrial revolution it prospered because of the jute trade and the manufacture of sailcloth.
To tourists it is famous for its Abbey.
However , it has been suggested that it has been a site of habitation since at least Neolithic times.
Because of its position on the North Sea, it, is provided with fine beaches and sandstone cliffs and caves.
- Pros:not much to see
Harbours are always interesting to visit, as boats of various types will be moored there. In Arbroath what is... more travel advice
uglyscot's Related Pages
Arbroath Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "home of the smokies - smoked haddock"
- "A lovely day by the sea..."
- "Arbroath - a town full of distant relatives?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arbroath
- Hotels in Arbroath
- Transportation in Arbroath
- Restaurants in Arbroath
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lendu Hotels
- Wheeler Dam Village Hotels
- Dumaguete City
- Crete Island
- Kampong Java Park Hotels
- Tavernelle in Val di Pesa
- Tours-en-Savoie Hotels
- Oostende Hotels
- Jackson Hotels
- Plettenberg Bay
- Meriwether Lewis National Monument
- Judetul Cluj
Badges & Stats in Arbroath
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Arbroath?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arbroath
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 67 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 45 reviews, 191 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Arbroath hotel reviews
- Harbour Nights Guest House
- 203 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013