"Embo" Embo by uglyscot
Embo Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 19 photos
Embo is a small village about 2 miles from Dornoch. It faces out to the North Sea, and was formerly a fishing village.
There is a caravan park, a sports centre which includes a swimming pool and cafeteria.
There is an old traditional fishing cottage that has been restored and called " Grannie's Hielan' Hame'. Just in front of it in the carpark is a Bronze Age chambered cairn, which was excavated in 1956.
Some of the streets are quite attractive too. originally there were 5 streets, but there are more now. There is a store cum post office.
However, Embo is popular for its expanse of award-winning beaches.
- Pros:traditional fishing village with great beaches.
- Cons:nothing to do in winter
uglyscot's Related Pages
Embo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Embo it took decades to return here"
- "Embo - Grannie's heilan' Hame."
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Embo
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Embo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Embo
Photos in EmboSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 67 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 46 reviews, 194 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues