"memories of the 1950s" Finchingfield by uglyscot
Finchingfield Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 14 photos
My father's eldest brother used to own The Stores in Finchingfield . One weekend we set off in our souped up Ford V8 Pilot [ex-police car] to pay a visit. I remember it as a typical English village with a green, a stream running through it, and a church. While the adults [mother, father and my grandmother] would be chatting to my uncle and his wife, my brother and I would go to explore with my cousin.
[Photo from Stockvault. My old Brownie wouldn't take colour in those days!]
The church of St John the Baptist largely dates from the 14th Century, though parts of the tower were built in the 12th. Century A spire was blown down during a gale in 1658 and was not rebuilt and the bell is now in a cupola at the top of the tower.
uglyscot's Related Pages
Finchingfield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Pretty Little Village of Finchingfield"
- "Kings and Queens of England"
- "memories of the 1950s"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Finchingfield
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Finchingfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Finchingfield
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 67 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 80 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 45 reviews, 191 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues